Friday, November 30, 2007

Xmas Meme

I got this from Bethe 

Getting to Know Your Friends!

You know the drill. Please Cut and Paste.
Don't be a Scrooge!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Definitely Mexican Hot Chocolate...the way I make it! 
 
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  
Santa wraps....I am Santa's "Helper"
 
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  
White
 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? 
I haven't seen it in the stores.
 
5. When do you put up your decorations? 
After Thanksgiving~ when & if I get in the mood. 
 
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? 
My Stuffing (from scratch) & Homemade Pumpkin Pie (I make a beautiful, flaky crust) YUMM
 
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: 
This was not a "favorite" memory, but it is the only Christmas memory I can remember that was kind of "Christmasy." I spent the night with a family who gave me a stuffed doll. It was the only toy I ever had as a child. It was the first time that I got to see how other people lived.  
  
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember anyone telling me about Santa when I was a little girl. I think I first learned about him from #7 above. The kids were loud and wild over presents (very spoiled actually). I was told that it was the night that Christ was born. 
 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
If I opened a gift on Christmas Eve, I might not have one to open on Christmas morning. LOL... I give presents, but I don't usually get presents on Christmas. When we were little, my grandmother would make bunelos and Mexican candy. At church, we would get an orange and an apple and some Christmas candy in a paper stocking.
 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
When my children were little, I used to love wooden ornaments. I haven't seen any like the ones I had. It's sad that you do not see them anymore... One Christmas, I took an old branch from the tree in the backyard and painted it white and I hung homemade paper ornaments that my daughter and I hand made. I stuffed them with cotton balls and drew the back as if it was the back of the ornament. I made some popcorn and we strung it and put it on the "tree" and added lots of tinsel. It was beautiful. Now, I decorate with seashells and fat whimsical mermaid ornaments designed by Kathleen.  
 
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I like snow when you do not have to shovel it or get caught in a blizzard. It also looks beautiful in snowglobes. LOL 
 
12. Can you ice skate?  
No. There is no ice in the Valley, and if there is, it doesn't stay for very long. I don't think I could skate on the windshield of my car. LOL 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The stuffed doll I received when I was six or seven years old. Her name was Teresa. She died when my daughter tried to flush her down the toilet.
 
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my cherubs & their cherubs  
 
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? 
Pumpkin Pie   um-um-um -um- ummmmm...
 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  
Midnight Mass~
although sometimes I am too sleepy. LOL
 
17. What tops your tree?  
I was going to make a topper from the Starfish that my brother bought for me one Christmas but he gave it to my mother to give to me and she still cannot find it.
 
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?  
Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? 
Santa Baby
 
20. Candy Canes? 
I like them for what they symbolize, but not to eat. 
 
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or is it still magical for you?
Jesus is the reason for the season. There is nothing magical about people fighting to buy things they cannot afford. 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do  meme's in my journal anymore Winivere as I have notified you of.I have sent the answers to you via E. Mail OK!! Loved yours very interesting.Have a lovely weekend .Hugs Take Care God Bless Kath.
astoriasand http://journals.aolco.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I forgot about "Santa Baby"!!  I think the smiley do-dads add a nice holiday touch, they show up so much better on the black background.

Bethe