Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008
I woke up with a long list of things to do yesterday morning, but I only scratched off about three things that were on my list... I didn't feel like doing anything...
I know I wasn't bored, because I always have something to do...
My head hurt, my nose is stuffed up, and I slept a lot, so I told myself that it was probably a cold... but in the end, I realized that I was "singing the blues..."
I think it had to do with the review of my resolutions in the previous entry...
It frustrates me that I have not been able to move forward... I took a closer look at my list, and I noticed that there are 11 items out of 20 that have to do with money or what to do with money... which I don't have right now, so... for now, I am going to put those items on hold...
This will be my revised list...
1. To always have everything I need.
2. A successful career, doing what I love.
Friday, March 28, 2008
1. To always have everything I need. There are many things that I have had to live without, but I have had everything I need so far... Well, except for Richard Gere. (sigh)... I need to go buy a few groceries tomorrow. I hope I don't spend more than $20. April starts next week... and so do the bills... God, please make my money s-t-r-e-t-c-h! The one bill I always forget about putting into the budget is AOL... I hope I can get through April...
2. A successful career, doing what I love. I started a new job in February and it only lasted about a month. At least I earned a little bit of money, but I wish I had been able to make more... I am back at looking for work. This week was like a dead-end... no interviews. I hope next week will be better.
3. To never have to worry about money. No job is secure... but an insecure job is better than no job... God, it would be nice to have a career but if I can't have a career, at least find me a job soon.
4. To be healthy and fit and at my ideal weight. I have seen a slight difference in the way my clothes fit. I had started to change the way I eat, but I am without a job again, so I will need to go back to eating what is most economical... and I have been a naughty girl at not exercising at all... and I wonder why my waistline won't go down. lol
She's such a cute girl... too bad she's got that huge tire around her middle!
OMG @ I had never heard anything like this before, but my "friend" Daniel said he got mad at God, because he gave up eggs and tortillas for lent and he fasted and he still couldn't button his pants... Of course, I scolded him for being mad at God, but how strange to hear a man talk like that about his weight...
5. To have a bigger place to live with room enough for company and where I can have all of my things in one place. Will this ever happen?! I hate not being able to take my things out of storage...
6. New eyeglasses and contacts. No money to do this yet... My glasses are so bent out of shape. God help them to hang on until I can get the money to buy new ones...
7.To fix my car and save for a better one. My poor Jones... He is so beat up, but he continues to be faithful to me... Like his owner, Jones has a lot of mileage on him already... I hope God will give me a job that does not require travel...
8. To rebuild my savings. It is sad not to have income coming in. (sigh) I wish the world did not revolve around money...
9. To replace my worn-out clothes, purse, and shoes with nicer ones. I have not been able to replace my worn-out clothes or buy new shoes, but I did buy a new black purse...
10. A new romance with a single man who loves me and whom I can love and admire. I never called the coach (the guy I met on the last day of 2007) and I haven't contacted the man who wanted to give me a dove. I did find my old bird cage, however, so I will give the man with the dove a call tomorrow. No, I am not attracted to the dove man at all. Sigh...
11. To spend more time with family and friends. Continued lack of money has kept me from visiting... I am really disappointed not to be able to visit with my grandchildren, especially little Bella who asks me when I am coming to see her... I wish they were not so far away... It's funny that when you have the money you don't have the time, and when you have the time, you don't have the money!
But I did have a pleasant conversation with my mother this week... That is a break-through... Also, my older daughter finally gave me a call... She has secluded herself from us ever since she had the baby last year. I am saddened that she has fibrosis, but I am happy that she finally called me.
12. To win the pending case with the man who is suing me for over $3,000. I have not heard from those people. I guess no news is good news... I continue to leave it in God's hands...
13. More bubble baths, manicures and pedicures. I did take one bubble bath this month and I did give my feet a good scrub and trimmed my toe nails. The nails on my hands grow so fast that I have to trim them regularly... I have not taken the time to polish my nails or my toe nails, however. I need to give myself a french manicure, because I love the way it looks when I'm wearing sandals... It has been so long since I did it that it might be difficult to do, though, especially since it is so hard to bend all the way down to those toes!
14. To go to Youth Leadership camp this summer. I already received the details for this year's summer camp. I don't even have a job, yet, but if God wants me to go, he will make it happen.
15. To get in the ocean this year. I have not gone to the ocean because of Spring Break, but I may have to do it soon! Washing yourself in the ocean water is good luck, because that is where Jesus walked.
16. A dresser to put my clothes in. I have no dresser yet.
17. A table and chairs where my family can all sit down to eat together at Thanksgiving. I am still using a small table for two. It would be nice to get my table out of storage. It is not a big table but it is bigger than this little table.
18. New pots and pans, a toaster, and a crock pot. I am still dreaming of these...
19. To be free from pain. Someday.
20. For my legs to be strong enough to dance... Still dreaming of this!
The top tag and the Gorjuss signature tag were both made by Steph, one of the leaders of my graphic group. They put my tags to shame, but what I make, I make with no instructions from anyone, so I guess they are not so bad...
P.S... I have already completed the tags for next week, but I will wait to put them in my journal after everyone has submitted their entries... I am very proud of the way they turned out. I wish I could put them in here already, but then, it won't be a surprise; huh?!
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and a lily with the other. ~ Chinese Proverb
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Tags: Holy Week
Saturday, March 22, 2008
He bought food and as he sat down to eat, an old man and two little children came along and asked him to help them with food as they had not eaten for almost a week. He looked at them. They were so lean that he could see their bones coming out. Their eyes had gone into the socket.
With the last bit of compassion he had, he gave them the food. The old man and children prayed that God would bless and prosper him and then gave him a very old coin.
The young graduate said to them 'you need the prayer more than I do'.
With no money, no job, no food, the young graduate went under the bridge to rest and wait for death. As he was about to sleep, he saw an old newspaper on the ground. He picked it up, and suddenly he saw an advertisement for people with old coins to come to a certain address.
He decided to go there with the old coin the old man gave him.
On getting to the place, he gave the proprietor the coin. The proprietor screamed, brought out a big book and showed the young graduate a photograph. This same old coin was worth 3 million dollars. The young graduate was overjoyed as the proprietor gave him a bank draft for 3 million dollars within an hour. He collected the Bank Draft and went in search of the old man and little children.
By the time he got to where he left them eating, they had gone. He asked the owner of the canteen if he knew them. He said no but they left a note for you. He quickly opened the note thinking it would lead him to find them.
This is what the note said:
1 Kings 17:10-16; Matthew 11:28-30
Heavenly Father, most Gracious and Loving God, I pray to you that you abundantly Bless my family and me. I know that you recognize, that a family is more than just a mother, father, sister, brother, husband and wife, but all Who believe and trust in you.
Father, I send up a prayer request for financial blessing for not only the person who sent this to me, but for Me and all that I have forwarded this message on to. And that the power of joined prayer by those who believe and trust in you is more powerful than anything.
I thank you in advance for your blessings.
Father God, deliver the person reading this right now and those who will read it in the near future from debt and debt burdens. Release your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that You have given me, Father, for I know how wonderful and mighty You are and how if we just obey You and walk in Your word and have the faith of a Mustard seed that You will pour out blessings.
I thank You now Lord for the recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come because I know You are not done with me yet. In Jesus name, I pray,
Friday, March 21, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008