Thursday, November 29, 2007

The INTERVIEW

                     

Preparing for today's interview actually began from the time that I received the phone call... find my transcripts... review interview basics... prepare myself for questions that might be asked... create a clear picture in my mind of why and how I would fit into that position... prepare questions to ask the interviewers... indulge in a tub of bubble bath, in attempts of reaching some kind of zen... oil my hair, shampoo it, and condition it, in attempts to make it look healthy and shiny... decide what to wear... There are so many things to take into consideration...

This morning, I told God that I needed for Him to be my hairdresser and for Him to dress me. Because it is Thursday, I wanted to wear something green, but my green top was missing in action ~ probably dirty from the last interview that I went to on a Thursday... so I wore green underneath my clothes.

God dressed me in basic black... black jacket, black tank top, and black skirt. I wore natural colored stockings and black pumps. I traded my black cloth purse for a dark brown designer purse by Victoria Wieck. When I get a job, I will need to invest in a black purse. I was going to wear a black and gold crystal jewelry set, but I decided that it was too distracting, so I wore the clear crystal and earrings instead.

When it came to my hair, I was surprised that even though I put a roller on the top to force the hair to lift and go away from the face, God forced me to wear bangs. I had to cut a few strands because they were a bit long. I twisted the hair on the sides and clipped them in the back with a tortoise shell butterfly clip.

Before I left my apartment, I prayed for the right words to come out of my mouth and that I would look, act, and be exactly what they are looking for.

I was interviewed by a man and a woman who were not from the office where I would be working if I get the job. This is the second time that I have experienced this. I wonder if this is a common practice with other companies or if this is only common practice in  the Valley... Yea, tho' I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death... sigh...

The people interviewing me were not friendly. They were there to ask questions, period... and they wrote down everything I said...

I was surprised that the interview was so short. I asked a few questions and thanked them for the opportunity to interview for this position. The man made copies of my transcripts and directed me towards the exit.

It was too hard to tell what they were thinking... Were they pleased with me? They left me no clue...

I would say that I gave excellent answers to their questions. I thank God that the Holy Spirit was speaking through me instead of allowing me to mess it up...

So now... I wait...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is odd on their part, though I suspect that they were like this with everyone.  Ah, the clear jewelry with black, I LIKE it! even the green underneath hehe.  YOU were so prepared, YOU were ready, and on top of it all!

God was guiding you.

May He guide this decision process, as well:)  Wishing you well, Win!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you good luck.  I hate interviews like that.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck int he world,after so much effort you realy do desrve to get the job.Prayers being said for you.Sound as though you looked the belle of the ball.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasnad/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, hope if it's the right job for you, you get it!!!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I hope you hear from them soon. Have a nice evening. ((((((hugs)))
Cindy