Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Day In The Hunt

I hit the pavement early and stayed at the employment office all morning. Do I really want to return to work there?

God, my answer is "NO." Some of the people I used to work with are still there, but they are doing clerical work instead of the dirty work. Do I really want to be treated like dirt? Do I really want to be treated worse than a slave? Do I really want to work against my principles and be used by welfare people who demand their rights to live off the government instead of becoming self-sufficient?! 

I ended the day by hitting the gravel in the afternoon. The job is far away from where I live and the "building" is a worn down house surrounded by gravel instead of pavement.  How many home visits would I need to make through the rain and the slush? I don't want to have to work at a job where I always have to worry about having enough money in the bank to cover the cost of a new car. A job like that would only mean that I would be hired because I have a car, not because I am good at what I do. I have been there and I really do not want to go that route again, no matter how badly I need a job.

                              

The receptionist couldn't provide much information about the job. The man who will be conducting the interview is a man who used to work where I used to work. I never worked under him, but his eyes always scared me. He still has the same bloodshot eyes which tells me that he probably drinks a lot of alcohol or does drugs. His hair is spiked with lots of gel and his tongue is pierced. Isn't he too old for that look? How do people who look like that get hired to be the boss?

I don't think I would want either one of those jobs, but where are the jobs? The Valley newspaper shows you where to spend your money but not where to make your money. 

There is one company that I have applied five times for, but I haven't even been called for an interview and they keep posting new job orders for the same position. What gives?!

It is so hard not to become discouraged, but God said that all I need is to have faith as small as a mustard seed and I know my faith is bigger than that.

I have not turned down any prospects. I have applied for so many jobs that I do not want, but I have not given up hope on finding something that I do want.

Surprise me, Abba! Open a door that is meant only for me~ a door that cannot be closed by any man. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that door soon opens for you.I am sure it will prayers continueing to be said.Have a good Wednesday if possible.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

HI Winivere, dear heart.  Been thinking about you!

Gosh, I hope something opens up for you soon.  Got my fingers crossed!
Have a good Thanksgiving!!

hugs, Bethe

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your job hunt....June:)