Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Just an update...

          

The week just started and I am already running behind in my entries! Yesterday, I woke up with a really bad headache, a sore throat and a high fever. I was up long enough to do yesterday's tribute to our Veterans (which was due on Sunday), but I cannot believe that I slept through all of yesterday's daylight hours and I was still able to sleep last night.

I missed Dancing with the Stars... again... and I missed Samantha Who... again... My telenovela is aired on a different channel, so I keep forgetting about Mondays. 

Last night, they accused the protagonista of murdering her kidnapper, because she was caught with the murder weapon in her hands, but she didn't do it... so although it is almost at an end, it is not quite over yet. After that, I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I went to sleep.

I am upset with myself for forgetting to pay my storage on time. The mail in the Valley is a joke. If you are trying to send a letter to this town from this town it takes a few days because the letter will go to Corpus Christi first, which is about three hours away from here. That means that I will have to pay double next month. Ughhh... I hate that!

This morning, I couldn't find anything to make for breakfast. There are still three rolls of toilet paper left. It isn't time to go to the market yet, but my pantry and my refrigerator are screaming for some food. I guess I didn't buy enough the last time. Why is it that when you go through the checkout, the value makes you think that you have taken enough food but when you get home, it is never enough?!

This weekend, I rearranged my kitchen cabinets and found some food that is incredibly old. I tried to make them to see if they were still ok, but they definitely are NOT so I will have to throw them out.  I have some old cake mixes, too, but I do not have eggs.

I have been out of the basics for quite awhile now. I will need to retrain myself to make some flour tortillas... I know... I know... not the best thing for a diet... but I am trying to hold out until I have no choice but to go to the market again...

I am worried about Thanksgiving, because I am the one who makes Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think I will be able to afford it this year. If I do get the stuff, I will be really tight... I think I only have enough money to hold me through next month, but barely.

I applied for a job last week and I applied for another one yesterday. I was excited about a job that I saw in the paper, but although the title was for a case manager, it turns out that I do not qualify because I am not an RN. Oh well, there is another job that is a step down from that. I will apply for that one. No word from the people that I interviewed with recently, but I do not think I am what they are looking for, because I have no idea where to find kids that are doing methodone.

D has been calling me every week. So far, he is the only man biting but we are just friends... unless if you count the man where I went to get a new window for my car. If I continue to look like this, that will be the only kind of man that I attract! OMGG... now that would be a curse!

Will get back to writing again when I feel a little better...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, seems it's going around.
I used to write every day, but that was before I got several journals LOL! Now I only get to each one once or twice a week, except the tag one...I post in it every couple days, sometimes more. :)
<ake a list before you go shopping, check fridge & pantry, & write it all down. That's what i do, cause I know I won't get to go again for 2 wks. :(
Hope you have a good Thanksgiving next week.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear I hope you soon feel well,It's awful when we are ill isn't it? I am much better today thank goodness.Yes shopping is nightmare sometimes.I don't often get too many of th ethings I know do not last long.I am a bit funny with storing things for a long time LOL.Only WIND Haaaaaaaa.Joke.I do my cuboards most weeks so I know whats needed and what isn't.I hope you get your shopping list sorted and can manage moneywise,it's hard when money is tight.Get well soon In my prayers.You Take Care and God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Feel better, Win!  And, you WILL make it!  Flour tortillas sound good to me:)

Anonymous said...

OMg...you sound sooo sick!  Get better soon!!

Bethe

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon....June:)