Thursday, November 1, 2007

St Jude Thaddeus

                                           

Saint Jude is the Saint of the Impossible and Cases Most Despaired of. His father was the brother of Saint Joseph. Therefore, he was the cousin of Jesus. Although his name is Jude like the apostle who betrayed Jesus, they are not the same person. Saint Jude Thaddeus is shown wearing a big coin with the face of Jesus on it.

Most artwork shows a young Saint Jude, but I prefer the older picture which is hard to find. I live close to a shrine that is devoted to Saint Jude and the older statue of Saint Jude is there. Many people make requests to this miraculous Saint and keep their promises of publicizing the prayer and their gratitude of thanks.

Novena To
St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,  the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult  cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is  almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive  the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and  sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise  God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be  ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as  my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the  tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)
jude
Dear Apostle and Martyr for Christ, you left us an Epistle in the New Testament. With good reason many invoke you when illness is at a desperate stage. We now recommend to your kindness
{name of patient}
who is in a critical condition. May the cure of this patient increase his/her faith and love for the Lord of Life, for the glory of our merciful God. Amen.

This is not the entire prayer but it looks as if someone is keeping their promise to Saint Jude.

After my interview yesterday, I went to the Saint Jude shrine. Because it was All Saints Day, I assumed there would be mass in the evening at the church, but I was disappointed to discover that they only had mass in the morning. Nonetheless, I bought a couple of candles, lit one at the shrine, and knelt down to pray.

When I was leaving, I was spooked by a woman who could have passed for my ex-mother-in-law. She was standing at the other cave. My ex-mother-in-law was an evil woman who was into witchcraft.

When my older daughter was six, my ex took her and never brought her back. It upsets me when my daughter says that her grandmother was a saint, because it was my ex-mother-in-law who hid my older daughter from me for so many years. It is a terrible experience, not knowing where your child is. Ithank God that my daughter paid money to find me when she was going to get married.

My mother believes that she went to someone in Mexico to have them put a spell on me so that I could lose my house. All I know is that she died the same week that I lost my house.

The Saint Jude shrine is out in the open. It is like a cave and there is another cave next to it with Jesus on the cross. I really should remember to take my camera with me sometimes.

The interview went well, but I was not excited about the job. If they offer it to me, I will take it, but it will involve a lot of traveling and recruitment and I am not looking forward to that.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read here all that you have gone through.I am seperated from my middle son him living in USA ,I know what that feels like.I have just been to visit after three yrs of seeing him,I do not think I could live without any of my children.My heart goes out to you.I miss them so much now them living miles away from me and not being a driver.It was a strange thing that lady was so much like your X MIL.That would have worried me lots.I am happy to read your Daughter saught you out,when she did.My prayers are with you always.The purple candle is beautiful at the end of your post.Take care God bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I pray that you will find a job that you will like....June:)