Friday, November 23, 2007

Fall In The Valley

                    

I love the way this tag turned out. It looks like something that Frida would make.

In reviewing my journal comments... what did I miss?! Thank you so much for the vote of confidence in the comments section of my journal, but I do not have an interview pending.

Next week, I will learn how to fill out income tax forms. I will not get paid for it, but the training is free.

Also, I have a typing test scheduled for the job that I want, but I do not have an interview pending for that job.

 

The temperature has been in the 40s and the 50s for the past couple of days. The sky is gray and the pavement is gray. It's as if I am living in a black and white photograph. All of the colors blend into each other. It is hard for me to see things clearly when all the colors are the same.  

Autumn in the Valley does not bring beautiful colorful leaves that fall gently from the trees and blow away in the breeze. There are still many trees with green leaves that will probably remain green throughout the season. I have never seen a banana tree or a palm tree with colorful autumn leaves. The fields are full of orange, grapefruit, and tangerine trees that are full of green leaves. Some trees lose their leaves and some trees and bushes look as if they got a haircut, but their leaves do not change color. I wish we had some trees that actually prove that it is autumn.

It has been cold in my apartment for the past two days, but  instead of turning on the heater, I am wearing more layers. The temperature is expected to be warm again next week. Cold weather here is just a tease. It doesn't stay for very long.

I didn't cook Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day. It would have been too expensive to prepare all of that food. I bought a rotisserie chicken and baked some cornbread and took it to  Mother's home. Mother took out some tamales that she made last year. They were not very good, but I ate them. As usual, she commented that I am fat, but I was surprised that she was actually very nice to me while I was there.

My brother cut a neighbor's yard in the morning (about an acre)and went to eat lunch and watch football at an old classmate's house, so he wasn't there. Mother said that they had planned to come to my apartment to eat in the evening. I hope my brother wasn't too disappointed not to eat his sister's food this year, but I am sure that he will love the cornbread that I prepared.

Thanksgiving seemed like any other day, but it was another day to count my blessings and give thanks to the Lord. 

Today is Black Friday. People have been out spending money since 4:00 this morning. Some people camped out in tents at the stores last night. Even if I had the money, I would hate to be in the middle of that crowd. It is bad enough that going to the stores on ordinary days you have to fight off the people from Mexico who cross the border everyday to shop here. I can only imagine how bad it is out there today.

I went to church this morning, and just like last week, it left me feeling very drained. I know I am behind in my entries, but I am going to rest now.

  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your graphics are always lovely Winivere you should be every proud of yourself.You are a very talented lady.I am happy to read you enjoyed your thanksgiving day.When I gardened I always loved and planted evergreens,of differant colours so I had colour in the garden all year round.They do not shed there foilage.I have read earlier of people camping out for the sales on your Black Friday.Have a lovely week/end and rest if you are so tired.Hope you soon feel better.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You deserve a day off.  I took a day off from MY mother this year.  

take care hun..Bethe

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for misunderstanding the whole job interview thing...here where I live if you are taking a typing test that is considered part of the interview....June:)

Anonymous said...

I stay home on Black Friday. I don't want the migrain headache, lol. Have a nice weekend. ((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Tell your mother to shut up !! You ate her year old tamales, now what else does she expect ???? At least the food you brought her was fresh. Sorry, but she has no right to comment on your weight. I am sure that she had weight issues before, if she currently doesn't.

Don't let your mother step on you like that. I am in the same position with my mother. I am just gonna take a break from her for a few years. Maybe you should do the same too with your mom. There comes a time, when enough is enough. Make her miss you a little.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment about Black Friday: I don't believe in it. I stay home on purpose to avoid that hell. This year I did my Xmas shopping at Big Lots while there was no customer traffic. It was cheap, and I got good bargains. Maybe next year I will afford better gifts.

Good for you for avoiding Black Friday hell and going to church instead.