Thursday, November 1, 2007

St Michael

                                   

Saint Michael, the Archangel, is the leader of God's army of angels. He is shown here going into hell to defeat Satan. Saint Michael is the Saint of Justice and of Policemen, but not all of the pictures or statues of him show him with the scales of Justice.

My bachelor's degree is in Criminal Justice, so Saint Michael holds a permanent place in my home. I have a beautiful statue of Saint Michael that is about two and a half feet tall. He is wearing a gray breastplate, a green skirt, and a red cape, and he has pink wings. He is holding a big sword into the mouth of a green dragon. He was expensive, but I was very drawn to him when I saw him. I like having him in my apartment, because it makes me feel safe.

When I lived in Corpus Christi, I could hear a woman crying, and there were evil spirits in the house where we used to live. Dogs can sense spirits and we would catch our dog barking at the spirits often. Unfortunately, I now live in an apartment, so I cannot have a dog. Although I consider that house the only home I have ever had, I also experienced a lot of violence there. I had a priest come to the house to perform an exorcism. The prayer that is used to perform an exorcism seeks the assistance of Saint Michael. Unfortunately, the priest died the next day and I lost my house, but I still have my copy of the exorcism prayer. 

This is another artprint of Saint Michael. It is a beautiful painting of the angel, but he is not holding up the scales of Justice and I don't like this protrayal of Satan. 

         


Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to read you have the statue of St Micheal and he makes you feel safe and secure.I too live in an apartment (Flats) we call them in England,and we are not allowed animals either..I sold my house very cheap to my Son and DIL to give them a good start in life.I do miss it so,but then again at least My Son and DIL have no struggles.You Take Care and have a lovely day if possible.I have realy enjoyed reading these posts of yours today,and also learning a little more about yourself.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How scary....June