Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mars & Athena

Tuesday was named after Mars, the God of War. Although Venus was married to Vulcan, she fell in love with Mars when her son, Eros (Cupid), accidently struck her with an arrow on her breast. Mars was one of Venus' lovers. He was a handsome but immature and impulsive man who was prompt to action without thinking.

I was surprised to see that images of Mars could easily be mistaken for Saint Michael, my favorite angel. Saint Michael is the leader of God's army. He fights for justice. I am attracted to men who are or were associated with the military, policemen, and fire fighters, because they fight for what they believe in.

Athena was born a full adult out of the head of her father Zeus who had swallowed her pregnant mother. She is the Goddess of War, but she was a person of reasoning~ a peacemaker. In this painting by David, she is the better warrior. Athena is also known as the Goddess of Wisdom. She is often seen carrying an owl and/or a snake. A snake represents the ultimate in feminine power!

Tuesday is symbolized by the element of Fire. The colors for Tuesday are Red and Black. It is a day of courage, of action, of fighting for those things for which you stand.

Because I never had anyone to give me direction, my passion in life is to help those who have lost their way~ to help people to strengthen their lives so that they can make a positive adjustment in society. I have learned a lot by mere observation, and I have a deep thirst for knowledge. I am a woman of strength, of honor, and integrity. This is why so many of my graphics indicate courage~ symbolism of the warrior within my deepest soul.

A big thank you to those of you who have told me that I am beautiful on the inside. I really appreciate your validating what I know is true, but too often, people do not get to see what is on the inside, because they only see what is on the outside.

I have defeated death many times and I have proved many doctors wrong. As I look in the mirror, I see the progress of the inches that I have lost. I do not want to be as slim as I was when I was only 92 pounds, but I would be happy between 130-140 pounds. I know I cannot lose this weight overnight, but I know that I am capable of losing it. The only problem is that because I have no one to depend on except myself, survival continues to take priority.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this very interesting.I am not so knowledgeable a person as yourself,but not ashamed to admit it either.Just as you shouldn't let your weight bother you quite so much.If I can help you in any way to lose weight ,support wise ,you let me know how and I will help you all I can.I myself am not a realy heavy person but far too heavy for my height.I am only very small in stature.So I too am trying to lose weight by myself just now..It is hard when you are alone with no support.I suffer from panick attacks at times still and I do not like going to the clubs, where you can join for this reason.I havn't lived here that long and so finding new friends to go along with is hard.It's taking those first steps I find difficult.I hope you have a lovely day.Keep smiling.I try to all the time.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

interesting

Anonymous said...

Well done, sweetie!!

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

Very interesting read....June:)