Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The TEST

                           

When I got to the expressway, I thanked God that I always like to go early if I do not know where I am going. As luck would have it, the expressway was blocked with bumper to bumper traffic, so I had to get off, and when I got to the main road where I was supposed to be, the directions that the girl gave me were so bad that I wasted another half hour going around in circles, but I found it! Why do they give you directions without giving you an address?!... Valley people!!! :::shaking head::: :::repeat:::

Still... I was 45 minutes early, so I did good timing at leaving the apartment an hour and a half early... Today was Tuesday, so I wore a black pantsuit with a dark red top and black boots.

I sat down to wait until I was called. I took out my handwritten copy of the 23rd Psalm and read it over and over, stopping to laugh at myself when it says: Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. (I live in the Valley. LMAO... :::shaking head:::)

So the girl finally calls me to the back. God, she was only about half my size. She probably weighed about 98 lbs wet. I miss being thin... sigh...

She sat me at her desk and explained procedure. I was really nervous, so I only typed 43 wpm on the practice test. I did a little better at the second practice test at about 56 wpm. Then, it was time to take the real test... Yep, I got nervous again... I started out messing up, took control of myself and encouraged myself to focus on accuracy.

I did not do my best work, but the score was at 65 wpm with 97% accuracy, and all I needed was 40 wpm. So now I wait until I hear from them...

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

PHEW!  Yes, good thing you left plenty of time, oy.  Your outfit sounds great, and yikes, it's been forever since I took an official typing test!  I used to represent my high school in typing competitions rofl, I'm serious but I thought it a hoot.  Not sure how I'd do NOW!  Glad that part is over:)

Anonymous said...

PHEW!  Yes, good thing you left plenty of time, oy.  Your outfit sounds great, and yikes, it's been forever since I took an official typing test!  I used to represent my high school in typing competitions rofl, I'm serious but I thought it a hoot.  Not sure how I'd do NOW!  Glad that part is over:)

Anonymous said...

Guess I would be lucky to get four words per minute LOL!! Your outfit sounds great love balck and red together.I am sorry I havn't been over but I have not been getting all alerts this week and I am waiting for an e. mail reply from Malika who works for AOL.I will read the missed entries though when I have al ittle more time to spare.I am very busy just now with alsorts PHEW.Had to laugh at your wit.ha.You Take Care Winivre God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journalsáolcouk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

65 wpm.....that's fantastic! I've got my fingers crossed for ya, sweetie!!

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

got my fingers crossed for you. 65wpm is great. have a nice evening. ((((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I always mess up when I'm nervous....June:)

Anonymous said...

u did great!