Saturday, December 1, 2007

ThisWeek'sAnswers

 QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Which is your worst vice? What part(s) of your body do you have to use to make this vice a reality?

Reviewing this question, I have more than one vice. OMG... watching too much TV, being on the computer too many hours, and eating too much, but for the purpose of this exercise, I have to go with "eating too much." At the beginning, I only thought of my mouth and my hands as being the enemies that keep my worst vice alive. It is my hands that put the food into my mouth and it is my mouth that receives it...  but as the week progressed, I discovered that my feet are also to blame, because they take me to the refrigerator! Oh, woe is me! Sigh...

 OBSERVATION OF THE WEEK:

Find a napkin, paper towel or handkerchief of your choice. You will be using the same one all week. If you use a handkerchief, you can wash it at the end of the day but it must be dry enough to use the following day. Whenever you are tempted to commit this vice, wipe down the body part(s) that will make you commit this vice. Did you use the handkerchief at least once a day? Were there times when you forgot to use it? Did anybody ask you what you were doing? Did this exercise help you to gain some control over your vice? Write about it.

OK... messed up here. I started out fine the first few days. I wiped down my mouth and prayed that whatever went into it would be enough to help me feel satisfied. I wiped down my hands that they would only allow me to fill my mouth with what I needed for the nourishment of my body... BUT as I became more and more nervous about the typing test and the interviews, doing this exercise was completely erased from my mind. In writing this, it seems as if my tummy plays a big part in this exercise also. Because I failed to do the exercise correctly, I will need to continue with this exercise next week...

An update on last week's assignment of enjoying my food using all five senses... This week, I got a little creative with the grilled cheese sandwich... I lightly buttered a piece of bread, added a sliced onion, a slice of pepper jack cheese and topped it with a spoonful of ranch beans. This sounds like something you would put into a tortilla instead of a piece of bread, but I found myself savoring and actually enjoying it so much that it was enough to satisfy my hunger. 

I messed up on this tag. LOL... Oh, well.... still kind of funny... ha ha

P.S. I am flattered that some of you think that I am getting better at making tags. I do not have the tubes and the extras that people use to make their tags, so I probably have to be a little more creative than most, but I try. =.)

Some of my tags are one of a kind because I messed up somewhere... like the ornament above. LOL... But if you see something you like or if you have a tag that you like but don't have someone to tag it for you, don't be afraid to ask. I think the program that I have is temporary but I plan on using it as long as I can...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what you did with the slice of bread sounds yummy.Well done clap clap.I also think the Santa ornament is great LOL!! it makes me laugh which is good It's so funny..I used  to have a free program for making brithday cards and I used it about two years until finally it dissapeared. lol!!!It was only supposed to be a trial month,yet everytime I went to it it was still on my computer so I kept on using it.LOL!! Good Luck with your temporary one.When it goes you can find another trial one. Haaaaaaa. I think you do marvelous with the tags.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That exersize reminds me of the one were you put a rubber band around your wrist, and everytime you mess up, you snap it. A lot more brutal than what you mentioned I know. Fore some, it may work!........I haven't tried it ..YET. -Missy