Friday, November 9, 2007

Donny&Marie

I was blown away by Donny and Marie Osmond on the Oprah show today. Their father passed away yesterday. I am sure Oprah would have understood if they had decided to cancel, but they did not. Donny and Marie saw this as an opportunity to honor the life of their father. There were so many Osmonds in the audience that I wonder how many of the people in the audience were NOT related to them!

Donny and the Osmonds did their bit down to a tee. Oprah was surprised that they even remembered their old steps, and so was I! Donny and Marie did a number together, and of course, the ladies in the audience melted when Donny sang his old song "Puppy Love." Marie took her dancing shoes and danced an old 1940s number with her "Dancing With The Stars" partner. She was dressed as a WAC. She looked so beautiful.

Marie presented Oprah with a doll made especially for her! The doll looked exactly like Oprah! I have never seen Oprah's eyes get so big. She was really surprised. 

Marie is a 48-year-old mother of eight children. I love Marie! I admire her as a woman and for holding on to her values and her beliefs. She is so beautiful.

We always imagine that beautiful people have it all, but unfortunately, there are so many beautiful women in the world who attract men who do not know how to love them.

Marie said that all of her brothers have found love and happiness, but she has not found it for herself. You are not alone, Marie. There are many of us who are in your shoes!

The show was all Osmond, and the show was wonderful. I wouldn't have edited a thing, but what added to the performances were the pictures in the background. Imagine your life flashing like that before your eyes. Would you be happy with the life you have lead?

I have not found love, but I have lived a very full life. If I were to die tomorrow, I would be happy with what I have done in my life. My life began as a little girl with no direction, but I bless my broken road, because I have helped so many people to find their way.

God bless the broken road that lead me straight to you...

If you have been reading about the gods and goddesses in my journal and were looking forward to reading about Friday's, I apologize for not writing about that today. I have been feeling  tired, so I will write about Friday at a later time.
Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their father passed a month after mine, and no way would I have been up enough for a show.  I know that they prepared for this one, even the doll says that and having practiced the steps again!  All the photos in the background, I'd be crying some for certain.  Perhaps they knew their dad would have wanted them to do this.  This is special, and worthy of a Friday entry:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both Donny & Marie!!  I wish I could have watched the Oprah Osmond special!!  I really love this entry!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have seen that show...but I don't have cable and my antenna refuses to let me watch NBC....June