Sunday is dedicated to the Sun. In Mythology, the sun god is Apollo. Apollo was the son of Zeus.
The story behind this beautiful sculpture by Bertini began when Apollo made fun of Eros (Cupid), the son of Venus. Apollo thought Eros was a tiny and weak god. This angered Eros, so he shot Apollo with a gold-tipped arrow to make him fall in love with Daphne, a beautiful river nympth. He then turned around and shot at Daphne with a lead-tipped arrow. The lead-tipped arrow made Daphne disgusted and repulsed by Apollo. Apollo chased after Daphne, trying to win her love, but Daphne cried out to the Mother Earth for help. Mother Earth turned her into a laurel tree.
Without knowing, I have a small statue of Daphne in my bathroom that I bought at the dollar store. She is very beautiful. I thought she was a wood nymph.
ELEMENT: FIRE/ male
DIRECTIONS: The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
Leadership, Employment, Money, Prosperity, Abundance, Performing Arts, Self-Confidence, New Ventures, Passion for Life, Spirituality.
COLORS TO WEAR TODAY~ Gold, Red, Orange, Yellow, Bronze
JEWELRY TO WEAR TODAY~ Gold
FOODS~ Hot and Spicy Foods, Peppers (including bell pepper), Garlic, Onion, Carrots, Orange, Cinnamon, Coffee, Chocolate, Strawberries, Wine, Foods that make you feel Prosperous or Passionate.
Things to consider on Sunday:
* Sit outside at sunrise with a good cup of coffee and ask God for illumination and inspiration
* Learn to do the Yoga "Salutation to the Sun" pose
* Go to church, not to ask God for things, but to spend time with God in gratitude for all of the abundance in your life.
* Bake cinnamon rolls in the morning to fill the home with the sweet scent of spice, health, and success.
* Arrange sunflowers in a vase for fame and ambition.
* Scatter petals of marigold to encourage prosperity.
* Snack on an orange to remind yourself of your burst of passion for life.
* Look through Sunday paper for employment
* If possible, try not to work today. Take time to meditate, to treat yourself like royalty instead of a servant. Take time to think about all of the abundance in your life and be grateful.
If you have any low-fat "Fire and Passion" recipes to share using the foods mentioned above, please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Recipes that do not make me a slave to my kitchen or my pocketbook are preferred. =.)