Thursday, April 17, 2008

Glass Box Update

 
For all the readers who have asked about my PSP graphic group... I am a member of DSD... (Debbie and Steph's Designs). We have two leaders (Debbie in England and Steph in the USA). The PSP classes are scheduled on Saturdays and they are conducted through a group instant message system, which is much better than reading a tutorial, because you have help... The supplies that we will need for the class are sent via email by Thursday (usually)...
 
If anyone would like to join our graphic group,  give me your info and I will forward your email address to them...
 
The entries for this week's tube challenge should already be in the group journal... but Debbie has been having problems with her computer, so I am still waiting to see how everyone did... Everyone is getting so good at this with the few lessons they have had... I have only attended one lesson so far.  I really enjoyed last Saturday's class. I am looking forward to learning more...
 
If you like any of my designs, just let me know. I might still have the blank to tag one for you... The only ones that I will not share are the ones that are specific to this journal (images inside a box) or the ones that have my face on them. LOL
 
 (lol @ my Dream Novel)
 
As for the Job Hunt... this week was like a dead-end... The newspaper has more advertisement than jobs. It is sad when there isn't even a half page of jobs listed... but I am happy to report that I found one job to apply for today... I am getting so tired of hunting and so tired of waiting... It would be so nice to get some money to put into my beautiful new wallet...
 
My brother and my mother are lucky, because even tho' they might not have some conveniences, their properties are paid for, so they do not have to pay rent or storage. Rent takes a big chunk out of my pocket. Like my mouth, it is a hole that is keeps demanding more and it is never satisfied! LOL... The sad part about rent is that they can kick you out of where you live if you do not pay...
 
I cannot help but question why they do not want to hire me... My qualifications are good. My references are good... The only thing that I can see is my unruly hair (which I try to tame with hairpins, etc) or that I look too old or too fat...
 
I know I should do something about the "fat" part, but my hands seem to be on automatic pilot towards my mouth. LOL... The good thing is that I have stopped eating by 7:00 p.m... Hooray! Makes me happy that I have taken that little step! It is a good start...
 
I am frustrated at only taking one walk this week... A message from my daughter informed me that she would be calling me after nine o'clock... I like to walk about that time, because by that time it is dark, which means that the weather is not so hot, and I do so much prefer to walk under the moon... but I have sat around, waiting for her call and she does not call... I tried to call her but all I keep getting is a recording... Frustrating...
 
I need to talk with her because we need to discuss next weekend... We made plans to meet in Corpus Christi... and her high school counselor wants her to attend a party that is being held at her home on Thursday of next week...
 
I will try to call her again tonight, but if we don't make contact, I am going for my walk, as scheduled...
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for DSD to post our tags too.  I'd like to share them on my blog but don't want to do that until they post them.  If they are not posted today, I'm going to put them out anyway.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I keep being hopeful for (and with) you, Win, that one day your dreamjob will come along :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you for not eating after 7pm. It makes more of a difference than you know. I recently tried and it is really hard. I get really hungry. But I am doing my best to be consistent.

Anonymous said...

Love the tags, Win!  My son cannot buy himself a job.  It just has be flabbergasted.  He has even had family members set the interviews up with people they know.  Ugh....who knows what they are looking for.  I keep telling him and you that God has the perfect one just waiting....be patient even though it's hard.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

I know the job search is frustrating, and I'm so sorry about that. I still believe the perfect job is just around the corner....god is just waiting for the right moment to show it to you.

Praying for you friend!!!

Loved all the tags.....really nice. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

can i ask what kind of work do you do? i know there is a job just waiting for you

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope that you got your walk.  She can always leave you a message  works both ways my love.  keep up not eating after 7 good for you.  One day t hings will change.  just hang on in there.  Love Sybilxx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your dream novel..sounds perfect!
you'll never know...maybe one day....soon. :-)

enjoy your walk,
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2008/04/16/im-live-on-youtube/1826