Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bird On Tap

         

I was really surprised to see that our challenge entries were posted early... I am only going to post this little bird in today's entry. He was not part of the challenge package but the picture behind him and the scraps were... 

I like the way the little bird's colors look against the Grand Canyon sky... He makes me giggle every time I see him... LOL @ he is so cute, trying to get some water to drink... I love birds... They are so fun. (smile)

I went to the employment office to use the fax... I needed to fax my resume and a cover letter for two different jobs... but when I talked to Mari, she had me take all these tests... LOL @ the clock just kept ticking and I was still there and I still had not used the fax... She set me up for some more tests and then she went to lunch... I finished the tests early, so I started to write the cover letter... I guess she checked my scores before she came back to look for me... I scored very high on all of them, even the listening test... She seemed very surprised and shocked when she saw the score on my typing test... It was 73 with one error and the error was only because the timer went off and I didn't get to complete the word... A lot of good all that does for me...

I am a multifaceted diamond that has been kept from shining my light to the world...

When it was all over, she set me up to do some more assessments through the internet from home... That way, I can do them at my own pace and at my own leisure...

And yes, I finally was able to fax my stuff for the two jobs... I get so embarrassed going into those places, because people know me... but it seems that Mari has been the only one who has actually tried to help me... It is work that I could do for myself but because I do not work there anymore, I do not have access...

Afterwards, I went to the store to pick up some tortillas and bread... I found a few bargains, including a package of gizzards for $1.00... My mouth  was  watering from the thought of preparing them for supper... 

I was also surprised to find avocados at 2x$1.00... Avocados are my favorite food in the whole world... They are not ready to eat, but it makes me happy to think that I will be able to eat them in a few days... 

Then, an old man started to talk to me... At first, I didn't think anything of it, because I speak to people all the time... But this was a 59-year-old man with only one tooth on the bottom of his mouth and he was trying to hit on me... OMGGG...

I will be 55 this summer... How can this man be only 4 years older than me?! Oh, Lord, send me a younger one, please! ... or at least younger looking with all his own teeth... OMGG... Do I look that old and that bad?!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avacadoes are one of my favorite foods! I am so looking forward to summer and getting some off the tree...yummmmooooo!  73 wpm, that's wonderful!  I used to type 65, but always had a couple of typos.  Of course, the more we type the faster we get.  hugs Win,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

you certainly don't look 55, dear!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious Wini.  Do you sincerely think you look like someone who should be with a toothless man?  LOL.  NOT.  Love your tag.  Saw it on the group blog.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

praying for a job to find you soon

Deb

Anonymous said...

Whoops Iv'e fallen off my chair laughing at this Winivere Heeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Fancy getting chatted up,by Toothless Heeeeeeee you should be so lucky.Heeeeeeee!! he might have had plenty money.If the tooth fairy has called on him all that many times surely he had a dollar or two Haaaaaaaaaa...........I too love to watch the birds Winivere,but unfortunately for some reason I don't like anyone to buy me gifts with birds on.I was told yrs ago it is unlucky and I am so supersticious LOL!! Enjoy your avacado's when they ripen.I have never had one.As for the gizzards you can keep them lol!! Urrrrr I don't like any offal foods.Well i don't mind Haggis.I remember my father sending me for chitlings and tripe and elder and all the gory food I call it ,he loved them.Heeeeeee.Have  a great Friday.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Just look at it as a compliment Win ,you must look like a friendly person to make him want to talk to ,perhaps his teeth were at home in a jar and he'd forgotten to put them in ,and he is kicking himself for forgetting ,since he met you ,lol good luck with the jobs you applied for .Thankyou so much for the Tags you have made  for me ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Nah, you don't look that bad, you look that good taht even he feels it was worth the risk, just in case!  :)

LOVE avocados.  And tortillas.  But, gizzards?  I'm glad you found that deal and know what the heck to do with them, and you like them.  I cannot imagine it.

Glad Mari is helping you.  Hopefully, something in some fashion, will let you know something soon!  In time, but gosh, if you could just know!

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
i'm sorry your daughter & Grandkids won't be coming.....i know that makes you sad. I'm also sorry that she has been a little snappy with you, it's not right, but we always seem to take our frustrations out on people we know won't stop loving us. It's such a bummer that your job search didn't go well...I will continue to lift you up in prayer. My hubby is going through the same thing and at times, it's a blow to who he is.....so I do understand how things are feeling for you. Hang in there!
Guess what? Avacado is one of Mandy's favorites too....when ever she is coming home and I ask her what she wants me to make her while she's here, the first thing is always "Eggys & Avacado" LOLOL! That's what she has called it since she was about 4!!! :)
Men are always going to hit on you Win, you're pretty!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S................The tags are all great!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the birdy !! You should definitely win this challenge hands down ! After all, your name is Win, right ? lol

Don't worry, I am sure God will send you a younger stud. You ever watch Sex in the City ? Miranda changes her bed sheets and makes her bed more attractive and then she looks at Carrie and says "If you build it, he will come."

Maybe it's all in the bedsheets, lol.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's just your animal magnatism that attracts them Win ;o)  Good luck with the jobs xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! That was funny