Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Be Yourself

I don't think our entries for last week's challenge have been posted in the group journal yet... 

Debbie says it only takes her 15 minutes to make a tag... I hope I will be able to get to that point!

I didn't like the stuff they sent for this week's challenge, but although I usually only enter two, it looks as if I have made quite a few attempts this time...

This is one of my entries for this week's challenge... I know I am posting this early in my journal... but I work so hard on them that I didn't want to wait to post my work...

It probably would have been better if I had animated the water, but I think it looks okay as is... (No animation means you can use this one, Kath!) LOL

The Youth Leadership people called to ask me if I am going to volunteer as a Staffer in this year's leadership camp...

Lord, you know I want to, but I still do not have a job, and if I have a job by then, will they let me go to camp?! It is a full six days... I will need to check with the bus to see how much it will cost to get there... I leave it in Your hands, Lord... If You want me to be there, You will find a way to make it so...

My daughter will not be coming to Corpus Christi after all, so the trip is off... I was looking forward to seeing her and the children and my best friend, too... but the price of gas keeps going up everyday, as we speak... so it is probably a blessing not to go...

I am a bit hurt by my daughter's attitude towards me lately... She hasn't returned phone calls and she keeps snapping at me: Have you found a job yet?!... as if she is very disappointed in her mother...

It's not as if I haven't been trying...

Must not let others opinions or attitudes towards me upset me, no matter who they are...

Abba, I am sad, because I do not have a job, but I want to remain STRONG in my Faith... I know that You are aware that there is too much fire within the very depths of my soul to keep me secluded between the walls of The Glass Box. You know that my greatest desire is to serve others and that my desire is a noble path... 

I continue to wait upon Your word...

Lord, I do not want to be sad today... Please help me to pick up the pieces, so that I can be myself again... and follow through with those leads with a cheerful can-do attitude...

Please make something special happen today to make me laugh... 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Debbie has been busy ,you know she has a son with learning disabilities ,and has taken on another little job ,which is good it gets her out of the home ,which I feel sometimes she needs ,dont worry she wont let us down ,she will fit us in when she has time ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I like your tag Wini.  I also didn't like the tubes and stuff for this challenge and was not happy with my results.  I probably won't even post mine.  I really like yours though.  You did a lot better than I did.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I think you did great with the tag Winivere and proud you must be wy not show it off early.For the first time I have spoken with debbie ont he phone today.She was at another friends house who belongs to J/land who I chat with so I had a word with her.She has started working and does so well .I feel you are all stars and deserve medals making these intricate graphics.Oh!how I would love to do them but just wouldn't have  the time .Maybe next year I might have a go.If the Dear Lord spares me long enough.Don't worry about your Daughter things will be fine.I have had more upsets with mine than hot dinners LOL!!All comes right in the end.I am sure the Good Lord will put you where he thinks you belong best.Look after yourself.Love ya gal.HEY!! I managed to keep the animation of your graphic in my posting today YIPPEE LOL!!You also got a compliment in one of my comments on it too.Well done.Take Care God Bless In my prayers.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, to get you to laugh?!  Well, we'll have to think about that one.

On another note, perhaps the youth leadership team could cover your transportation costs, if you let them know your unemployed situation?  I'm sure you'd be of excellent use there, and the Lord may just want you to go.  I suppose you're right, leave it in His hands, pray about it, and in time, you'll know your answer.

Anonymous said...

your tag looks great :o)  Sorry to hear that your daughter won't be going and that is she is being quite hard towards you.  I hope that will change xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, you did such a nice job with those tubes!  I'm so sorry about your dtr & grand kids not being able to come.  I'm not a grandmother yet, but I imagine when I get to be I'll want to see the kids alot.  hugs,  Bethe