Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conversations

                    

How cute is this... to be having a conversation with a teddy bear?! And a guy at that! Where do they hide these kind of men?!... Reminds me of the conversations that I used to have with my doll, Teresa, when I was a little girl. She was a true friend... always there to listen... always there when I needed her...

The interview I had yesterday was good conversation, too... There were 20 questions... OMGGG.... but I wasn't nervous... I figure if they like me they like me; if they choose someone else, I will just look for another opportunity... 

One of the questions was something that they did not expect me to answer correctly... 

"How did you know that?!" the man asked...

"I talk with a lot of people," I said... "I just pay attention."

Is it possible that this was the man in my dreams where I get the job?!

Lord, if I do get this job, I am nervous about all of the traveling... Jones' body is as damaged as mine... If it is your will, please help Jones to hold together so that we can see this through...

After the interview, I was seriously thinking about turning around and coming back home... It was so late already, but I kept going... It was almost five o'clock when I got to the gate...

I looked in my coin purse for seven pennies, but I only found six... God knew I needed seven! To my surprise, the seventh penny was beside Jones' tire and it hadn't come from my coin purse!

Oh, thank you, Jesus! Thank you for letting me know that money is on it's way! Could this be a sign that the job is already mine?!

I have no idea how I managed to get this body into a size 12 swimsuit... I am sure parts of me were probably hanging out, because I really had to squirm to get my body and "the girls" into that swimsuit! It was really hard tryinig to decide whether to pull it up or pull it down. Thank God for Lycra! (lol)

I walked to the shore and laid down my towel and my things on a chair that was there. I took the seven pennies and the empty soda bottle... and walked my body into the Ocean...

The sea water was so fresh, so cool to the touch... As I walked into the Ocean, it was as if I were reuniting with a long, lost friend... The ocean waves came out to greet me... caressinig me... hugging me... dancing all around me, as if they were ever so happy to see me... The ocean breeze kissed my face and blew gently through my hair... caressing it and loving it and twirling it in the wind...

And there we were, conversing and making love to each other... loving every second of being together... 

"Why have you stayed away so long?" the ocean said to me...

"I know," I replied... "but I am afraid that it is going to be dark soon, and I am saddened that I will not be able to stay very long..."

So I turned my conversation over to God... praising Him and thanking Him for all that He has done for me... and I made my petitions onto the Lord... for the people that I do not know who need His help... for my family and friends... for Jones... for the healing of my body and spirit... for employment... and for the plans that He still has for me...  

Then, I tossed the seven pennies into the ocean... an unselfish act of my deepest gratitude to the Lord and to the ocean where Jesus walked... Surely, the ocean is a most holy place...   

With all that said, I filled the empty soda bottle with sea water to bring some of the ocean back home with me...

Makes me happy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to wait, Win, but at least you're sending out tons of positive vibes. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Firstly I forgot to tell you that you have been TAGGED !!  check my journal..

.Imagine being able to go into the ocean...It must have been bliss.  I am afraid as I have only the one leg that is not a thing that I can ever enjoy but Oh it does sound wonderful....occasionally though on an empty beach...very occasionally I have put a plastic bag over the artificial leg and had just a short paddle !!  once to find the bag had a hole in it...hence one wet shoe, and foot...not good for it's innard workings !!   Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to know the answer to a question, that was not anticipated tobe gotten correctly?  (I had that once, and it also had to do with observation.)

I'm glad you got into the ocean.  This great world and water of His creation.

May God bless you.  

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Winivere on your interview... your entry made me think of the ocean and how much I miss it at times... one day, I will be able to be close again...

Veronica

journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/emresident

Anonymous said...

beautiful, heartfelt entry.

but questions..?
is it that warm enough already where you are that you can go to the beach at this time of year?

Gem~