Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

"The Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron in Egypt: This month is to be the first month of the year for you." ~ Exodus 12:1-2

Happy New Year! Lord, thank you for another blank page on which to write about my brand new life! No more heartache, no more suffering, no more pain, no more tears...This year is going to be my best year yet, because it is not just the start of a brand new year... It is the start of a brand new life!

Last night, I went to church at 11 p.m. and we brought in the New Year together. We ate some bread and drank a some grape juice in rememberance of the life of Christ. We sang some songs and our first words were words of praises to God. What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year...

I didn't get a chance to complete all of the things that I wanted to do yesterday, because I got sidetracked. What I was most disappointed about is that I didn't get a chance to clean my apartment. Washing clothes took a lot of time, because there is only one washer and dryer and a neighbor was washing his clothes, too...and then, there were the unexpected surprises that Jones had in mind for me...

I guess Jones was determined that he was going to get in to this New Year's excitement, too! "Don't forget about me!" I could hear him saying from the moment I put the key into the ignition!

Poor Jones woke up sick yesterday, so I had to take him to the windshield wiper doctor to get his wipers replaced. I was disappointed at how much wipers cost now, but these wipers work so better than the ones he had before... Along the way, Pep Boys was giving free tire air checks and air, so he got that special treatment, too... and it seems that I could never get rid of all the glass from the time they broke his window, so I went to the carwash to get him vacuumed and to give him a little bit of spa treatment. 

Jones has a lot of miles on him, but he has been so good to me, he has put up with me, and he has presevered. He has been so much morefaithful than any boyfriend or husband could ever do! He deserves a fresh start into the new year just as much as I do. My wonderful Jones... He knew I could have spent the money on something else, so he showed his appreciation with a very special gift...

While I was waiting for the experts to clean him up and get him all handsome and white again, I broke into conversation with the people at the carwash, and a man that I met there invited me to lunch at the restaurant next door.  It was my first and last date of the year. (LOL) See the things that Jones does for me?! Thank you, Jones!

As I mentioned yesterday, I am wearing my yellow underwear and my red underwear on top of them. The yellow are for prosperity and the red are for love... and I am wearing the good luck wedding coins in my bra for prosperity (yes at both coins! LOL) On 12 Corazones yesterday, the guru recommended to take your red underwear off and put them back on 12 times. LOL @ I don't have to explain what that is for. It's worth a shot!

God's blessings for the beginning of a wonderful new life!

P.S... Thank you so much to all the people who have me in their prayers and for those who lit a candle for me. Lighting a candle does not cost a cent. Please help me by keeping the candles lit so that I can find employment soon. The address to light a candle for me is:

 
With much gratitude,
Win =.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year!! I hope all your wishes come true. -Missy

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Glad Jones gave you a nice gift. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that you had such a good last day of the year.  May every day of 2008 be full of excitement....of one kind or another !!!!  LOVE sybil xx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Winivere!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I'm going to keep in mind about those colorful wardrobe that ought to bring goodluck, happiness and prosperities next year!

Happy New Year!
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/12/31/2007--a-year-in-review--/1769

Anonymous said...

This posting realy cheered me Winivere.Just  what the Doctor ordered a good laugh.You are too funny.I am so happy you got your first and last date of the year.Whoo-Hoo.Jones sure has been kind to you and I hope Jones lasts for many more yrs.I am praying hard still you find employment this yr and hopefully soon.Know you are in my thoughts.I am just trying to do catch up on missed posts due to not being too good lately.Going forward now not looking back.So happy I found you again in 2007 Lets hope we are together now for a very long time.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happiest of new years to you, Win.  Oh, a date, too, eh?  (Will you see him again, too?  If not, but you enjoyed it, then good, anyway!)  Our cars are important -- we're to take care of ourselves as the vessel God gave us to live in while here, and we need to take care of our vehicles.  It all makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year
Seems you have got of to a good start.

Yasmin