Sunday, January 13, 2008

I am NOT Convinced...

      

Even though I do not like living in this apartment... in my mind, I am not prepared to move out... 

The stress has taken such a toll on my life, Lord... My body has been through so much... My spirit has been through so much... My mind has been through so much... Please remember, Lord, that too much stress is bad for the heart...

I have probably been close to death more than a hundred cats have lives... I have died and come back to life... BUT... I am still here... I am sorry, Lord, but it just doesn't make sense to me... I am not convinced that it is what You want for me... I still have Faith that You will come through for me...

I have helped a lot of people... I have dedicated my life to serving others... I have gone beyond the "call of duty" to help other people... And yet, when it is my turn, my friends have all scattered and forgotten about me... If the tables were turned, I would not hesitate to help them... I suppose that is where we differ...

                    

No, I am not convinced that God wants me to move out... If he wants me to move out, it will be because He has better plans for me... not because I don't have money to pay the rent... 

If You can walk on water, Lord, surely, giving someone a job is something that is all too simple for You to do!

God has always been so dramatic in my life... He always waits until the last minute... Is He trying to make it a good story?! God, You don't have to wait until the last minute to make it a good story...

The seconds on the clock go 'round and 'round... The final days of  January are counted... Will this week be the week that someone tells me that they want me to come to work for them? God, what could I possibly say, that I haven't said already, to convince them that I am the one for the job?

It would only take one "Yes" to change my life, Lord... Please allow me to hear that word this week...

Psalm 23
(For the Work Place)


The Lord is my real boss, 
I shall not want.
He gives me peace when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray
and do all things without
murmuring and complaining.
He reminds me that He is my source and not my job.
He restores my sanity everyday
and guides my decisions
that I might honor Him in all that I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails,
system crashes, unrealistic deadlines,
budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers,
discriminating supervisors and
an aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning,
I still will not stop---
for He is with me!
His presence, His peace, and His power
will see me through.
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own,
even when the company threatens to let me go.
His Faithfulness and love is better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats any 401k there is!
When it's all said and done,
I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer
and for that, I bless His holy name!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww..Wini..God have wonderful plans. I know at this time of your life, it doesn't sound so convincing. Hang in there...I'm sure he's listening.

Sending hugs, hopes and prayers your way,
Gem~

Anonymous said...

Again, I could not imagine going through what you are going through, I will keep praying for you. -Missy

Anonymous said...

keep going dear friend. They say that the harder the road the better the reward...I expect your next question will be  WHEN Lord !  but he says always MY WILL BE DONE....no matter what we plead for we can only hang on in there and look forward with hope.  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Your freinds here are still with you and listening and I am one of them.Stressed out too I am, but still I am here reading and hoping and praying, your prayers are answered.Most of this posting I could have wrote about myself Winivere I do uderstand where you are coming from so so much.Know God will never let you down only in his time not ours.I am afraid.Keep smiling if possible.You are always in my prayers and I am praying so hard for an early answer for you..Take Care God Belss Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I pray something good will happen soon ,You deserve it ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I really hope you situation will be alleviated come the end of January, Win

Anonymous said...

(((((((Win))))))))) I will keep you in prayers and ask for that YES you so need.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

How wrong it is that if you need your friends they are not there for you :(  I hope this changes for you xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

still keeping you in my thoughts:  for we know not what plans the Father has for us our business is to be good and happy today  Veronica