Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Free Day

           
 
Last week, I got an invitation in the mail to attend a free lecture to learn about selling stuff on the internet... Because I was sick of eating pasta all week, I was actually more excited about the free meal and the free planner... but I had an open mind about the prospect of making money on the internet...
 
I owed Laura a meal, so I called her up and asked her if she wanted to go. She said "yes," so I made the reservations...
 
The lecture was yesterday... I got dressed and got into my car and proceeded to drive to the hotel. When I came to the first light from my home, the light turned red...
 
Some women were by the side of the road, handing out free cokes. The woman said that it was a promotion to get people to come to their church on Sunday. I took the free coca-cola can and put it in the soda holder of my car...
 
Laura and I met at the hotel. The "suit" (Jared) kept asking everybody lots of questions. He said that this would require an investment ($$$) and a full workshop day at a later date, so Laura and I decided not to go in...
 
Jared liked my personality, so he gave each of us the free meal and the free planner anyway... Guess what the meal was... Guess... I know you are going to guess...
 
Yep, you guessed it... a sandwich and pasta! OMGGG... I could have been comfy in my home and eaten the pasta I had at home... (lol)
 
The hotel staff didn't even bring us a drink... I guess that is why God sent me the woman at the red light who was handing out free cokes... God knew the people at the hotel were not going to give us a drink...
 
Laura didn't like the food, so she treated me to a local "hole in the wall" restaurant...
 
See how God takes care of me... 
 
If God is this good to me...
surely, He will give me a job soon!
 
OMGG... now, I owe Laura TWO meals!
 
 
God wants spiritual fruit... not religious nuts...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rolfl at your posting Winivere,Even with God in your post I cannot help but laugh at the way you write things.You are too funny.I am praying so so hard you get a job before the end of the month.I am sure God will answer our  prayers for you .If not I believe he doesn't want you in the that apartment but needs you to be moved on to live in another place,where he feels is more suitable for you.Keep your spirit up,Have a Blessed Sunday,thankyou for the lovely comment,you paid me in my journal..Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love your slant on looking at life.  Nothing is ever going to keep you down you are so positive.  What a laugh about your hoped for delicious free meal.  And as for your free drink of coke.....God certainly works in mysterious ways...lol!
Glad you had your head screwed on and didn't accept his free lecture with the hidden agenda.  Nothing in this day and age comes free unfortunately.
Enjoyed my visit today.
Love
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

He will give you a job in his perfect time, his perfect will and his perfect place he wants you to be. He wants the best for you.  It is good to wait for the salvation of the Lord.

and in the meantime, enjoy the "freebies" he's giving you a long the way!

betty

Anonymous said...

Quite a story.  And...don't worry about the two meals you owe.  You can treat us all when you get that job...LOL.  Have a great Sunday and God Bless.
Hugs & Luv, Joyce

Anonymous said...

As soon as you mentioned what it was, I kind of knew the outcome. I think it's great the guy came through and offered the meal anyway. There is more and more of this going around, promises of great fortunes to be had,  they try to draw you in with free stuff only to ask for an investment on your part. Glad you were not taken in by this. During the winter months I've been know to make a huge pot of spaghetti sauce to eat for several meals to save money....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh Wyn,
I just love you! No matter what life throws at you, you have your catcher's mit on and take it.....you are my hero :)

I'm praying for that job....God has something special planned for you.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sends you wondering what it really was all about, such poor service.

Anonymous said...

Win I do admire your spirit ,I am hoping things will hurry up and turn a corner ,not much time left, Hoping and praying ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

oh no how typical!!  at least you tried that is something ;-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Yeah it sounded like a scam to start with... at leat you got a coke and a planner out of it! Sorry about the pasta though :( -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I like that you turned the "no drinks at the "free" seminar" into positive by looking onto the other options you received earlier..which was a can of free soda..and guess what? It came from the church.
good for you! :-)

and oh, yeah..I know all about that so-called "Free" seminar..it's a way to lure unsuspecting people to take money out of their pocket and sign up for this pyramid business thing where it suppose to make you filthy rich in which the guy in suit makes it sound like he's filthy rich that this business made him into an overnight millionnaire!! yeah..right....LOL....

Gem :-D

(Wini dear.....I'm not laughing at you for going to the seminar (I've done this in my most vulnerable times, back when I have two little kids, no jobs and husband working one job that's taking home just close enough for us to get food after we paid all the bills..I mean I DID the "money-maker stuff envelope"..oh my goodness! that was SO totally a scam!..needless to say-- I learned my lessons..been there--done that!)  I'm being sarcastic about those people in suit who sends "free" seminar invitations.)
actually..should I feel sorry for these guys in suit?
hmmnn..... :-D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you decided NOT to go into that seminar.... most like that are rip-offs, and they are determined to get your money.  God was watching over you!!

Joann