Monday, January 7, 2008

Courage To Be

For those of you who do not know, there are certain jobs that my body will not allow me to do... I had a bad car accident in 1980 and I have fallen four times since I have been in the Valley. I am looking for a job that will allow me to work sitting down, with minimal walking around and with limited traveling. I wish my body was as healthy and strong as it was when I was young, but I can no longer work 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I cannot do work that requires bending down, picking up things, or standing such as retail, etc. If I could do that, I would have already gone dancing and I would have already cleaned my apartment and it would be so much faster for me to put on clothing from the waist down, pantyhose, and buckled shoes...

Yesterday, I tried to go to the local church I have been attending but there were no parking places... So I went to the Basilica instead... I have to be crazy to go to 10:30 mass. It is a huge building with lots of space downstairs and in the balconies, but there were many people standing... One good thing is that it felt so good to hear mass in English instead of Spanish... Another good thing is that the nativity was up... I guess this year someone told them that Christmas does not occur until December 25th... I made a special visit to the Miracles room and left my requests there... I went to the gift shop, too, looking to see if they had a camel for my nativity on sale, but the clerk said that they didn't order any Fontanini pieces this year... That's ok because I really didn't have the money to buy it anyway...

I am tired from being up all night. I have already sent out two resumes today. I need to go to the employment office to make more copies of my resume, because I have already run out of them, but I am going to try to get some rest instead. I hope I will not be up again tonight...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do hope that you have had a good nights sleep.  Things should look beter if the sun is up and you are feeling like shining !!  That job will come when the Lord says and not when we think we need it. I am sure of that,  After all we pray that His will be done.....not our will be done.  That came to me one day when I was blaming the Lord for never answering my prayers in the way that I thought they should be answered. It seemed as if he actually spoke to me and  I have remembered it ever sinse... and now try not to worry about anything knowing that HIS WILL   WILL BE DONE....Much Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Winiveree I pray your courage holds out ,and something good happens soon ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i hope u can get some rest tonight too

Anonymous said...

Something will come along, I just know it will. I have faith. :)
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to be insensitive, Win. I realise you're going at this with all guns blazing. Don't overwork yourself.

Anonymous said...

I know that something will come along for you. Just keep trying and don't give up! -Missy

Anonymous said...

hi winivere, have you thought about creating your own job? you have worked as qualified mental health professional, and since you are a woman of faith, you could use that as inspiration to othere. i'm not exactly sure what type of sevice the title implies, but i was thinking about a therapist or counselor. maybe the church has some rooms that are used only during services that you could use to conduct sessions. anyway, it's just a thought. blessings, angelia