Friday, January 4, 2008

Where Is It?!

   

A friend of mine is all wrapped up in this political mess... All I have to say about that is that we have had Bushes and Clintons in the White House for the past two decades... I think it is time for a change...

Nothing unusual happened at church today. When I first visited this church, there was no doubt that several spirits were released from my body, but even though I have been going to church twice a week, I know that I have not been completely released yet...    Otherwise, things would have already fallen into place... Witchcraft is big business in the Valley... There are shops everywhere. There are more witchcraft shops here than there are bars or churches... I wish I had never come here. 

I have tried to leave the Valley several times, but when I have had the money to leave, something happens to take my money away and I am forced to stay... I think God wants me to stay here because of my mother and my brother... If he wants me to stay, He needs to show me where that job is, because I take pride in being self-sufficient, and if I do not have a job, I am not able to do that and I am not able to help my family, either!

Time is too precious and the price of gas to look for work is too expensive to continue to spin my wheels looking for jobs that I am not going to get... especially if I have had to put myself through seven months of this already!

The job that I went to apply for today is far from where I live. When I got there, the man said that he could not hire me even though they were only looking for someone with only a high school diploma because I do not have a license... wasted time... wasted gas... But at least he was man enough to give me a yes or a no right away instead of making me wait or leaving me hanging like every single person I have interviewed with here in the Valley.

Why don't people send out letters anymore just to let you know that you didn't get the job?! If they are too chicken to let you know by phone, they can at least write you a letter instead of leaving you wondering...

I also stopped by the post office to mail off a state application for a job at two different locations. I hate applying for those jobs because they take so long to interview and even longer to hire, but it's in the mail...

With all this running around, I am out of resumes.... On Monday, I will need to return to the employment office to make some more copies so I can send them out on some cold leads...

Some time back, I dreamed a man who looked at my resume and my accomplishments and was convinced that I was the right person for the job without my having to say much at all... Where is that future boss and how do I find him?!!#

Abba, the skin from my knees is already so dry and broken... It feels as bad as when my classmates used to push me on the sidewalk. leaving me with scraped knees everyday... How will my knees ever heal if I continue to kneel?!

It's almost time for the Three Kings to come to adore the baby Jesus... I need to look for that frankincense and myrrth and my three gold dollar coins...

                               

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year...I'm not sure if my comment is going to be any comfort..but I do believe things happen for a reason. Then again..waiting for seven months to get a job....I'd ask the same thing. (Where is it?..)
Gem~

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/12/31/2007--a-year-in-review--/1769

Anonymous said...

I think it's professional to send a letter after an interview regardless of the outcome but the majority of companies do not. Maybe they are saving on paper costs "eyes rolling"... I'm still praying for you, I just know something will come along. -Missy

Anonymous said...

Faith my dear have faith. Things will change soon. Our Lord knows best...it's only a pity he didn't give us clearer clues !!  however perhaps as you find your self in such an odd area that is the reason you are there  to somehow or other change things.....there we are back to that word faith again.  Keep your cjin up as we say over here....love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

It's the same in England now Winivere not many company's do reply to your interviews.Just leave people hanging on a thread wondering all the time Yes or No have I been succesful. Grrrrrrr.Have a lovely weekend Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasnad/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I do hope something comes along soon for you it must be such a worry for you ..love Jan xx http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

I pray you'll find something soon!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I still believe with all my heart that God has something out there for you.  I see some saying that all things happen for a purpose.  I do believe that.  I just pray you don't have to wait much longer.  (BTW:  there are so many graphics for Wicca.  It really flips me out.)  Hugs Chris