Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bad Luck & Curses

   

I need to document that yesterday I broke another glass. This is the second glass I have broken in 2008. The first time I broke a glass this year was on January 5... Before last year, I used to say that bad luck only happened from broken mirrors, but last year, I didn't break any mirrors... I broke one glass after another... I am worried, because this is how my bad luck began in 2007... glass, glass, and more broken glass... I hope this doesn't mean that there is still more bad luck to come... 

      I went to sleep early last night, on purpose, because it was raining and I wanted to lie down in my bed to enjoy the sound of the rain against the windowpane... I must admit that I was a bit frightened, because it was raining so hard that I was afraid that it would break the glass on the window...

But there is something about the rain that always makes me feel comfort... Unlike most people, I can sleep through the worst of storms, including hurricanes and tornadoes, and if I had been Dorothy, I probably would have slept through that storm into Oz...

Some people hate the rain. It makes me wonder why the weatherman always wants the sun to shine. If there were no rain, what would become of us?!!

I think it is so beautiful to watch the rain making love to the earth... The rain cleanses and nourishes and rejuvenates... and so nature responds with it's wonderfully refreshed scents of flowers and nourished earth... the rainbow comes out from hiding... and the birds rejoice with their beautiful tunes of happiness for all the world to hear... It's all so beau-ti-ful...

My friend cannot believe my bad luck... He says that I am probably cursed... Some people say that the rain washes away bad luck...

For me, the rain brings growth and new life... It washes all of the earth and makes it new again... The rain can do such marveious things for the earth and for everything and everyone on the planet... 

Yes, I truly believe that the rain washes away all of the bad and brings an unexpected surprise called "hope."

Call it bad luck or call it a curse... or curses... 

It doesn't matter how dry the ground-work of my life on earth is or was... It doesn't matter what my parents gave me or failed to give me... It doesn't matter what my enemies try to do to me... 

What matters is that before I even existed in my mother's womb, God blessed my existance with His powerful hand and He gave me all the seeds of greatness that I would need to make it on this earth...

I may have come into the world through my mother... but I came from the hand of almighty God... and God's DNA, in me, over-rides any curse...

Before there were any curses, I was blessed by God. ~Joel Osteen


Tags:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's just being a bit jittery with all that's going on, Win, that made you drop the glass. Nothing more :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope that it doesn't bring you bad luck. I am not supersticious but I am open to about anything. Best of luck to you!... I know we need the rain, but I still can't stand it lol!! -Missy

Anonymous said...

Its when you break a mirror you get seven years bad luck ,I have broken lots of glasses I just watch out I dont cut myself lol ,I agree we must have rain , but oh I dont like getting wet lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the rain, especially hard rain.  Here, it's snowing today, beautiful snow.  I'm listening out for word that my daughter's school is closing early.  I don't anticipate that, but it's an exciting thought for both of us!

I don't believe in those types of broken glass and curses things, myself.  For you, I'd like to think more that you could break out of your glass box, if that makes sense, be everything you're intended to be, self-actualizing as Maslow would say!  So, that is my wish for you, ultimately, and for today to be a little more fully yourself in a comfy in bed listening to the rain or out there wowing the world way, whichever feels best today.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the rain as long as I'm not out in it ;-)  I like it when I'm at home though and I know I don't have to go anywhere.  Then I just sit there listening to it and drinking cups of tea and I feel very comforted.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I do not like rain because in Pittsburgh it seems to always rain.  I am very superstitious.  I had some extremely hard times 3 years ago and almost lost my house.  My option was to move in with my mother with my children and pets.  Neither of us wanted that.  I was always breaking a glass, plate, bowl, etc. quite frequently.  My son always said that when there were no dishes left in the cupboard, that was God's sign to sell the house.  Ugh...I became super careful...lol.  Hugs to you, Chris  (love what you did with the tag...bet you'll be making your own soon.)