Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day of the Year

  OMGG... Where did the time go?! It is the last day of the year and I am running so behind... As you can see, I am still celebrating Christmas... I still catch myself wishing everyone a Merry Christmas... LOL @ isn't it funny... With all the job search, I started out late celebrating the birth of our Lord, but like George Bailey, I am sure glad that I didn't miss it!

So, what do you do to prepare for the new year?!

It will be hard to complete all that I have to do today. I am trying not to worry about money. Whatever I spend my money on will be in faith that God will provide...

I went to church yesterday to leave my little hearts of things that I want for 2008. I left out a few things because the hearts are so small. (LOL)... I prayed for my poor broken heart that is so damaged and scarred. It is good to give up my broken heart to the Lord and to pray for a brand new heart to give myself a fresh start in 2008. We were all given a little cup of oil and we annointed our head, our eyes, our ears, our mouth, our back, our hands, and our feet. The feet was the hardest for me to do. I had to sit down to do it and I still had difficulty reaching them. It's as if my feet are tied...

After church, I went to Wal-Mart to get Jones' oil changed. My goodness at the height in prices just to get him some new oil. I got the cheapest priced and that was at $20! OMG, but now, even Jones is annointed. Makes me happy! 

While I was at Wal-Mart, I ran into my favorite of the three M's. (All of my uncle Robert's girls start with the letter M.) The moment she saw me, she says, "It's as if I am looking at my aunt Licha (Alicia)." Everybody who knows my aunt always tells me that I look like her. I think she is so beautiful. I hope I do look like her. =.)

So Mel (Melinda) said that Bobby will be getting married in August and aunt Licha will be coming. Oh, I hope I will be able to see her! Mel works in the eyeglasses section. I was going to ask her if they still have layaway, but I forgot because we got to talking... I am in desperate need of new eyeglasses. I have stepped on them about four times since I lost my job... My God, how is that possible?! They do not fit right and they could come apart at any moment, but they have presevered! Yes, that is one thing that is on my list for 2008... The oil we used in church had dripped onto my glasses, so she cleaned them up for me. Isn't it miraculous at how clean they can get them?! 

 OK... so on to shopping... I picked up some birdseed for Tidbit. That cute little bird can eat! (LOL @ that is probably the same thing that God thinks about me!) But just as I am counting on God to take care of me, I must take care of my little bird...

As I reached the supermarket, the first thing I saw was the cheap prices of the avocadoes. Oh, my favorite food in the whole world! I chose five. I found a pair of fish that were priced at only $2. I couldn't believe it because there were other fish that were exactly the same size but they were at double the price. I picked up two loaves of bread (for my home to never know hunger) and a bottle of Reunite Lambrusco wine (for joy and prosperity), remembering that I have a lot of salt at home (to add flavor to my life). I looked for grapes (for luck and 12 wishes), but there were none, so I went to the frozen section and picked up a bag of frozen fruit that had grapes in it... I also picked up a head of lettuce, a few tomatoes, a bell pepper, one mango, one orange, a package of cheap hotdogs, and a bag of chocolates (something sweet to sweeten the new year).

The exhausting part was bringing all that up the stairs. I put some mustard on some bread and had hotdogs for supper. Today, I will get a bag together of the bread, wine, salt, and chocolates and put it into my car. It will be the first thing I bring into the apartment after midnight. The reasoning for doing this before midnight is that nothing is to be taken out of the house on New Year's Day, not even the garbage.

 I have decided to pay my bills in faith, so today I will pay the rent, my car insurance, and my storage.

I need to clean house, wash clothes, change the linens, cook some beans, and mend my black pants. That's a lot to do in one day. I hope I can get through it!

On New Year's Eve, I usually stay at home, try to squeeze into my favorite black dress (even if that means not zipping it up~ LOL), opening the doors and windows to let the old year out and to let the New Year in with Dick Clark and drinking a glass of wine on the balcony, quietly listening for the fireworks that the city folks pop illegally (LOL), but tonight,we are meeting at church at 11 p.m. to bring in the New Year, praying and worshiping God in fellowship. 

This year, my first words will be with God. I think that is a wonderful way to bring in the New Year. For the offering, I have my three one dollar bills ready. (One for the Father, one for the Son, and one for the Holy Spirit)

On New Year's you are supposed to wear something new. I know I have a jacket in my closet that I have not worn. I just hope it will fit. I hate not being able to fit into my own clothes! If it doesn't, I do have a new pair of shoes that I haven't worn. I will wear them tonight. I will also wear a yellow bra and yellow panty for prosperity and a red panty for love. I don't know if that jacket has pockets. I don't think it does... I will have to put some money in my bra, I guess. (LOL) My goodness at how much trouble it is for a woman to get dressed!

When I get home on New Year's Day, I will bring in the bag of wine, bread, and salt into my apartment in hopes of a better year...

My online friend has started a candle vigil for me to find employment. If you would like to light a candle for me, the site address is:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=4Wini

God bless us, everyone! May this year be different. May this year be our best year yet! May the New Year bring us the greatest desires of our hearts.

Winivere

xx

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you a very happy and blessed New Year and hope our Lord answers all your prayers.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((Win)))))) Happy New Year. I hope it is a good year for you.
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Winivere

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, may 2008 bring good thinga your way!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh, what thought you've put into this!  I red about the red and yellow panties:) and had not heard about not taking anything out of the house.  I searched but could not find avocados at the market where I was yesterday, and I didn't splurge on their great guacamole.  Yum, but it's cheaper to buy the avocado and mash it up myself, plus this way I could save some to share with my DD who comes home tomorrow!  

Nice idea to give your worries over to God, broken heart and all.  May you enjoy your evening, may you find the employment God wants for you, may this truly be a good year!

I love your spirit and thought, and may God bless you.

(Wondering why people didn't oil each others feet?  Ah, well, you got yours done.)

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Winivere,

I hope the new year brings you all that you deserve and need!  God Bless You!  And just in case you didnt know I was your Secret Santa and I am so sorry I dropped the ball..We had two deaths in 12 days...one a family member and one a very close friend and i just completely forgot..I am so so so sorry....Many blessings to you as the new year begins....

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are busy but well prepared for the New Year. I'm glad to hear that you are getting your bills payed and your shopping done. You are still in my prayers.. -Missy

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR WIN - I hope the new year is filled with everything you want and more!!!!
Peace--Ellie

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in prayer that you find a job soon!
Missie

Anonymous said...

~~Happy New Year~~
HOPE 2008 is a good one for you!!!!!!
Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/



Anonymous said...

wow thats a lot of preparing for the year, I cant remember half that stuff

Anonymous said...

Came here by way of Missy to pray you find the job you need and want. Happy New Year, Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy new year and lol merry christmas

Anonymous said...

I just learned about wearing yellow for the new year...and I was wearing new flannel pant when the new year came..so hope that counts.

Wishing you a Happier, Productive and Prosperous New Year!
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/12/31/2007--a-year-in-review--/1769

Anonymous said...

Been to light a candle for you :o)  Good luck with the job hunt and I hope 2008 will be good for you xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife