Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Others

I had to make a few minor adjustments to yesterday's entry... Someone thought I was a size 12. Ha! I wish... If I was, I could fit into some of the clothes in my closet...

My last job made me fat, because I had to wear "uniforms" instead of my own clothes... but I know that God knows that I am going to need clothes for the new job that He is going to give me, so it just makes sense that He is going to help me to fit into my size 12 clothes. At my height, I would still look fat, but it will be a big improvement from the way I look now...

"Sometimes a woman needs to decide between her face and her fanny." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Brrrr... It is so very cold in my apartment... I have Tidbit covered with one of my own blankies... My poor bird... She is too cold to sing... When I have a job, I must remember to buy her some baby blankies to cover her cage when it gets cold... Thank you, Tidbit, for reminding me that God will always take care of me...

The Valley finally got a little taste of winter... I got caught in the rain on Thursday... God poured a little of His blessing on me... Hopefully, it is what I needed to wash away troubles and worries and make my life clean again and restore my soul... It has continued to rain... I guess there is a lot of bad luck to wash away. =.)

Poor Jones (my car) looked so pretty and white on the last day of the year, but now, he is dusty and dirty from my having to drive in the rain... When I get a job, I promise to give you another spa treatment, my friend. =.)

I am trying to cut costs by wearing clothes according to the weather... I am wearing layers and socks, but it is still cold in my apartment... It is time to bake a little something to warm up the apartment...

 

I think I will bake some cornbread... one for me and one for my brother and one for my mother... I hope I have enough cornmeal to make them and I hope the milk is still good... I love cornbread... It is so quick and easy to prepare...

There isn't much that I can do for my mother and my brother, because I am out of a job, but cornbread will be a good treat for them... I hope I have enough gas in my car to take it to them tomorrow...

There are only 12 days left in the month, but instead of worrying about my troubles, I will think about others today...

I will bake that cornbread for my mother and my brother, and I will continue to look for things to donate to charity to bring joy to the lives of others... little trinkets, a bottle of nailpolish...

It's the little things that bring us so much joy...

I thank God for these hard moments in my life... When you do not have money, it helps you to respect money more, to see that it is foolish to waste your hard earned money on things that you do not need, to be grateful for what you have, and to see that there are some things that are too important to ignore...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for leaving comments because I never have anything useful to say, LOL, but how big is Tidbit's cage?  I'll look thru our blankets and maybe find one that will fit.  My linen closet is bursting and I more than likely could send something.


Amy

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the baking, Win :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL.. I was thinking you were a size 12............. Best of luck to you and fitting in your old clothes! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Still keeping you in my prayers for a job soon!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Hi Wini,
I love that you turned the rain into "God's outpouring of blessings" and that the more it rains it means the more it'll wash the negatives away. I love your way of thinking.

Inspiring.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Your Corn Bread ,sounds delicious ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration. Keep you and Tidbit safe. Peg oxo