Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Interview

      

So a lot of you are wondering... How did it go?!
 
Well, for one thing, my nervousness declared itself with two new pimples on my face... I hate when that happens... (lol)
 
God went before me... I didn't have any trouble getting dressed, and I didn't have any trouble finding the place or finding a place to park... 
 
I myself will prepare your way, leveling mountains and hills
I will break down bronze gates and smash their iron bars.
I will give you treasures from dark, secret places;
Then you will know that I am the Lord
and that the God of Israel has called you by name.
~ Isaiah 45: 2-3.
 
I fell in love with the round shape of the building... The front doors were made of glass... I liked that... The people in the building just go round and round... That was cool...
 
The room looked as if they were in the process of moving in...  The room was somewhat small... I would say maybe 15 x 15 with a high ceiling. There was a small desk and a large desk ~ both with shelves instead of drawers. All the furniture in the room was black, as were the organizer accessories. There was a copy machine and a fax machine and a phone... The woman was working from a laptop... All of the desk accessories were in plain view... The only drawers in the room were in the filing cabinet... Everything was black... Even the interviewer was wearing black... The boxes held what looked like a scanner and a web camera... There was a scale and forms to mail things... The room was well-equipped with supplies... but there was absolutely nothing on the walls... Well, at least the "interrogation room" had no bright light swinging in front of me. (lol)... Besides, the room will be occupied by the person who is hired, so it didn't matter that the walls were bare...
 
My appointment was at 3:30 p.m.  I arrived a little before 3 p.m., which was good, because the woman had me fill out a very lengthy application and to provide a sample of my writing skills...
 
The Hispanic woman was a little overweight with straight reddish brown hair. That put me at ease that the shape and weight of my own body was not a threat to her...  especially since women interviewers are more difficult to interview with than men... Her accent made it clear that she was from somewhere other than the Valley... She had me speak some Spanish to rate my Spanish skills, although she shared that her Spanish is not good enough to make presentations...
 
The interviewer seemed pleasant... She noticed me taking a few notes... There was a little bit of laughter shared... I would say there was some connection made... The interview was completed at about 5 p.m... I don't know if that was good or bad, but I would say the interview was about an hour and a half...  I would say the interview went fairly well, although you never know what they are thinking or if someone else will grab their attention more than you did... 
 
The job sounds interesting and exciting... and it has marvelous benefits and good pay... These people had me at "hello"... when they first contacted me by telephone to schedule my interview appointment... I just hope that I was able to convince her of my qualifications...
 
 
When I got home, I was exhausted... somewhat relieved that it was over... I told God that I had done my part... and I lifted up the job in prayer... Oh, Lord, I hope this is the one!
 
I took my "interview" clothes off and I took a nap... But then, I woke up and I thought... you didn't take your rock! I forgot to carry my rock with me to the interview... (refer to Jacob's Ladder entry.)
 
Then, I thought... the resume that she had was one that I sent over the Internet. It is not as thorough as the one that I have... I am thinking of returning to the scene today to give her my updated resume... That will give me an excuse to carry my rock to the place where I want to work and to leave her a Thank You note as well...
 
Is it OK to deliver a Thank You note in person or should I mail it instead?
 
What will I wear?!# ... LOL @ the never-ending question of women everywhere...
 
   Of course, the rule of thumb is that when you go look for a job, you should wear red undergarments, so I did that... Yesterday, I wore a black top and a black skirt with a brown jacket and an animal print scarf... Today, I think I will wear my black jacket and pant with a brown top and Oscar de la Renta leopard scarf to show that my "wardrobe" is "coordinated" with what I wore yesterday and that I am good at "planning" and being "organized."
 
Do you think she will notice?! Does this sound like a good plan?!  I think we, as women, notice things like that... You never know... they say the first impression is the most important... but perhaps the second impression will help to make the first impression more solid...
 
Nothing is real to you until you experience it...
Otherwise, it's just hearsay...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Winivere ,Glad you thought the interview went well.Your outfit sounded very smart.What is it about us women we always thing we shouldn't wear the same outfit twice on the trot LOL!! Thats what I hated about working in the office.Having to wonder what to wear the next day as in my younger days, which was many years ago now.Presentation came  first and formost.Grrrrrrr.I was tired out before I started work just getting ready heeeeee.I am praying you have been chosen for the position. .It would be wonderful,especially if you liked the look of the place and the sound of the job too.Have a lovely Thursday.Keep us updated.Take Care Friend God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh I am hoping you get that job really bad. I know you need something soon. To me it sounds as though everything went well from what you described. I think taking in the updated resume is a good idea and it shows that you are serious about the job. IF you go and they never hear from you they know you don't really want it. Good luck.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

an interview that lasts that long has to be a good sign...
let's hope...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
Well, when will you hear? I don't think it would make much difference putting in the other resume, they are deciding on the basis of the one you submitted. Sounded promising, keep us posted :-))

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed the interview was 1.5 hours! I think that speaks for the fact that they must have liked you enough to keep asking questions and chatting with you. I would deliver the thank you note in person, I think it adds a little bit to your willingness to want to work there that you would get dressed up and drive down to the place other than stamping an envelope and putting it in the mail. I'll keep you in my prayers; looking forward to hearing more about this opportunity

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounded like everything went well Winivere, all there is now is the waiting game to see if successful, your interview was based on the resume that was sent, so I would leave it at that.

Good luck

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh this is the bit Idont like ,still feeling positive but with all those what ifs and every time the phone goes ,oh agony ,,anyway still have exerything crossed ,praying and sending those vibes .  and love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I do hope that you have not gone back to where you had your interview.  It sounds as if it went well without the need for any rock !  If you are to have the job no rock or any other talisman..red knickers or not !!! will  prevent you from getting it..equally no rock or other talisman will give you the job....if it is not the one the Lord has in mind for you.  Love Sybil xxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck Win ~ I hope you will hear back xx an hour and a half can't be bad for an interview :o)  I did not know that you have to wear red undergarments for a job interview ~ why is that?

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else, I would leave it as is.....It sounds like the interview went rather well. By showing up today you may come across as pushy, instead of the kind hearted woman who would do well in this job. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well....I prayed and prayed about it!! I don't think I would go back, I'd just leave it that you know you wowed them......I'll keep it in prayer and fingers will be crossed. I just knew you'd do well....you are Queen Winivere!!!!!!!

Red undergarment, eh? You little devil ;)

Loved my McDreamy!!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of an hour and a half long interview.  If they didn't like you then I think you would have been out the door sooner than that.
I wouldn't return again as that, I agree with the writers of the entries below,  would appear too pushy.
Your interview outfit sounded perfect!  
Everything has a good feel about it already.
Praying for you.
Hugs
Jeanie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope that you get this one, it sounds great!

Usually, one would mail a thank you.

God was a rock for you, yes?

But, if you feel a need to take that other rock in person, which you sound as id you feel a need to do, if you don't stay long, it should be fine.

Anonymous said...

good luck, I am sure you did great!  -  Veronica