Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Letter To God

 Dear God:

I added that push to my Faith by taking action. I have done all that I can do in Faith, but I am still without a job... I do not know how many jobs I have applied to within the past two days alone... I have lost count...

I have decided that I am not going to apply to any more jobs until I am sure that I have an address for February... The rest is up to you...

My energies will now be spent on preparing to move out by the end of the month...

In 2007, I was able to donate a few things to charity, but then, the pains of my body did not permit me to do much more... I took that to believe that you still wanted me to hold on, but all of my savings are gone... I will not be able to sign another lease without a job...

I am not saying that I have lost Faith... You know that I still believe that you will find a way to take care of me, with or without a job... But I must be prepared for the worst....

God, I cannot prepare to move out without the strength of my body... Please strengthen my spirit... Please strengthen the bones and the muscles of my body... Help my body to get through this... Help my body to carry things, to bend, to be able to pick up things from the floor, to have more energy... Help my body to do what it can to prepare for this move, wherever Life may take me...

God, you know that I have not been able to take out my things from the storage unit in Rockport... It has already been ten years, but I have not had a place big enough to take the things out... Now, here you find me, once again... having to find yet another storage unit to put my things into... The units will be so far away from each other...

I will have to pay for storage in two places, but I will not have a roof over my head...

I have not lost faith that you will find me a place to live where I can have all of my things in one place, but I do not know where that place will be...

Help me to find my place in the world, Lord... Use me... Help me to be the change that I want to see in the world...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win,
I sure hope you hear something really soon on all those job apps. I know what you mean about having a storage unit for 10 years. I have another one and now am thinking maybe I just need to let go of the stuff I'm spending so much money trying to keep it all. Here in October, I will have to find another place to live and it will probably be a lot smaller as I can't afford to keep a big place and it just be me living alone. I hate moving, packing and all that stuff. I'm still hoping that someone will call you soon on that job.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Hi Wini,
Sending prayers that you may get called for job soon and that you may find the strength you need in a coming days.
Gem~

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you maintain your faith. I don't know if I would be able to deal with that type of stress. I do have different stresses that maybe you wouldn't be able to deal with..... I guess that's why you have yours and I have mine. Anyway, that was a beautiful letter and I pray that you find something, anything. -Missy

Anonymous said...

hello winivere, would you care to give me your address dear? i would be glad to help you. blessings, angelia  an_sharp@yahoo.com