Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Wednesday

Yesterday was the first day of the year... the start of a brand new life... The Woman in the Glass Box is not on to another chapter but on to a second book... a new testament... a book full of fresh and new blank pages with stories, adventures, and new found wisdom that I have yet to write!

I brought in the New Year wearing my yellow and red panties. It felt a bit unusual and it was somewhat difficult when I went to the bathroom, because the panties were not the same style or size. (giggle) And keeping those marriage good luck coins in my bra was also difficult, but they survived until this morning when the coins ended up in my sheets. OMGG @ I hope that doesn't mean prostitution! LOL...

I guess you could say that the majority of my day was spent with family... Mother was not at home, so I drove to my brother's. He says he will soon have the money to get an electricity pole on his land. He has a well now, too,  but he still needs the electricity to get the water pump working. My brother still doesn't have an address to receive mail, but he's got a cell phone now! It's a pay as you go phone that you pay $20 every three months for.  OMGGG... I pray so much for him because it is so hard to live without electricity, but he is very resourceful and his boy scout training has helped him out a lot! He has been living off batteries for everything, even for his little TV, and he has a small propane stove that was given to him when a customer could not pay cash, but he still has to depend on ice because he does not have electricity for a refrigerator. Living like this is hard, but at least, his land is paid for, he doesn't have to pay rent or utility bills, and a man doesn't have to worry about makeup or high heels. (LOL)... My brother does yard work and trims or cuts down trees. The body gets old, however. I hope that he can get an easier job soon... He says that he called Martha to apologize and she apologized, too, so they are friends once more, but he does not plan to call her again. I hope that Martha will take the initiative to call him, because I really like her... My brother was very pleasant, and we had a very good talk.

Then, I drove back to Mother's and she was already home. For Christmas and New Year's we usually eat tamales. She only has one hotplate burner, but somehow, she managed to make tamales for this year. I would not classify Mother as a good cook, but we eat her tamales anyway, because it is tradition. I was surprised that she was very pleasant and she did not criticize me once... I was very surprised that it was a very good visit...

Although my mother and my brother live an hour away, living with them is not an option. My brother lives in a shed and there is no room. Yesterday, he was in his truck, trying to keep warm. And my mother's is just as small. There is no room there, either, even if we were able to get along. My daughter told me yesterday that if I end up homeless that she and her husband are opening up their doors for me to stay with them for awhile, but if I go there, I will be stuck in a town that I do not know and they will be leaving me there all alone if her husband gets into the military, so although I am grateful for the offer, in reality, it is not an option, either...

The hardest thing was trying not to cry yesterday. It is bad luck to cry on New Years, so I didn't stop at my daddy's grave. I just waved to him as I drove by... But Luis Miguel was singing a song that I love on the radio: Reloj. My eyes watered, but I managed to hold back the tears...

As usual, I did a tarot reading on the first day of the year... On 12 Corazones, the guru said that for Cancer, this year is a good year for a serious relationship and for marriage... I have not seen a love interest in my readings in years, and I did not see marriage in the tarot reading that I did yesterday, but it turned out to be an excellent reading, full of hope and promise...

Some people say that tarot readings are wrong, but I have found that if you find yourself in tune with a certain deck, tarot readings can be another tool of encouragement and hope! I have different decks of cards, but there is only one deck that I love and use the most, so if anyone is interested in a deck of tarot cards, please send me an email and we can discuss it and make arrangements... 

I was tempted to call my new friend, but I didn't call him... I can only imagine what he is saying about me... I took out my list of the things that I want in a man and he has a great start... He is not handsome, but then, none of Marilyn Monroe's husbands were handsome, and he is twice my height, but we have so much in common... I just wish that I wasn't in this situation. If I had a job, I would be more confident about pursuing a love interest... If nothing more, he will make a good movie date... He made me feel like a high school kid when we left the table and he held my hand when we went to the cash register. He was swinging my hand like a little kid... (giggle)... Well, at least he saw past the fat and took time to find out what I am all about... Of course, I didn't tell him about my current situation, but we were the only table in the restaurant that had something that was not on the menu... laughter...

P.S... If you are familiar with the tarot, I thought the following was kind of funny... Sharing...

How many cards of the Major Arcana does it take to change a light bulb? All of them:

0) The Fool has already started before anyone else is ready.

1) The Magician assembles an array of objects that might be needed, displays them to best advantage and starts discussing how to go about it.

2) The High Priestess sits in the background, knowing one thing is
missing but says nothing.

3) The Empress fusses around making sure it is safe and nobody gets hurt.

4) The Emperor tells everyone he thinks it should be done right now and starts delegating responsibilities.

5) The Hierophant offers advice on the missing part after consulting with the High Priestess.

6) The Lovers umm and ahh about what wattage bulb to put in this time.

7) The Chariot charges in and starts doing it himself regardless of
the others' protests.

8) Strength surreptitiously places what's needed into Chariot's hands and gets it done her way.

9) The Hermit suggests a candle in a lamp would provide light in the meantime.

10) The Wheel of Fortune laughs and reminds everyone that the light will need changing again in the future.

11) Justice works out whose turn it is to change the light and whether the division of labor is being delegated fairly.

12) The Hanged Man contemplates how darkness can change our lives.

13) Death points out mournfully that this was bound to happen and how everything ends.

14) Temperance tells Death to chill out, it all evens up in the end.

15) The Devil tries to make the others take responsibility for  causing the light to blow and creates bad feelings all round.

16) The Tower suddenly starts ripping out the original light fixture
so he can create a whole new more basic look.

17) The Star marvels at new beginnings and says how much she's looking forward to having the light working again.

18) The Moon continually offers conflicting advice, confusing everyone until she wanders off to the relief of all.

19) The Sun wants to redesign the whole room around a much brighter light.

20) Judgment examines the bulb to see whether it truly was its time to blow and ponders whether the bulb can be recycled.

21) The World suggests that any problems with the light are temporary:  we had light once, we will have it again, and suggests focusing on the bigger picture.

Meanwhile, the Fool has already finished changing the light bulb and is off doing his own thing.

~Author unknown.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends when he moved into his new house about 10 years ago also had no electricity or water, the house had been empty for many years so all the services had been completely cut of and he had to start from scratch, on his first Christmas there we lit about 50 candles listened to the radio(battery operated)
and cooked dinner on the open fire.
Still wishing you much luck in finding a new job and hope your luck turns soon.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

No electricity, cannot really imagine what that must be like all the time. You've got to be resourceful indeed. Have a good Hump Day

Guido

Anonymous said...

Im glad ur enjoyed spending time with ur friend, hopefully he will call u soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your first day of 2008 was a good one. Glad you and Mom got on ok. It makes such a difference.  What are tamales ?  never heard of them....It is so good that your brother is able to keep going even inder all these adverse conditions....good old boy scouts is all I can say.    Have a great 3rd. Jan.  Love Sybilxx  Don't know anything about tarot cards   lol

Anonymous said...

Happy 2008 ! I hope that this is the year you will have a love interest. Seems like a good guy.

As for possibly losing your home, I really hope it doesn't happen. I pray for you and wish the best for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Anonymous said...

I am not very familiar with tarot cards although I havee heard of them. I am glad to hear that you had a good New Year's and wishing the best for you with your guy friend. -Missy

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS A GREAT POSTING WINIVERE.SO MUCH IN IT.I WAS TOLD TAROT CARDS SHOULD BE WRAPPED IN A RED SILK SCARF WHEN NOT IN USE  AND ONLY THE READER MUST OPEN THEM FROM THE SCARF OR THE READING IS NOT CORRECT.I HAD A SET BOUGHT ONCE BUT I GAVE THEM AWAY AS I FELT A LITTLE FRIGHTENED OF THEM FOR SOME REASON LOL!! SOME FOF YOUR POSTS DO REALY MAKE ME LAUGH.YOU HAVE A GREAT SENCE OF HUMOUR.I LOVE TO COME TO YOUR BLOG.I HAD AN AUNT WHO LIVED FOR YEARS WITHOUT ELECTRICITY.PEOPLE TODAY COULD NOT COPE.TAKE CARE GOD BLESS.OH DANG BLOCKS AGAIN SORRY ABOUT THAT.I have done a new posting but have just heard some alerts are down.Take Care God Bless Kath
astroiasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the new year!!  I hope your brother will get electricity soon poor thing ~ I would worry about him too............

Jenny