Friday, December 21, 2007

Reflection

                          

 
December is almost over and Christmas is almost here... I have the time, but I don't have the money to visit my children and my grandchildren this year...
 
I have been applying for jobs, but I haven't had much luck. I didn't go to do the income tax training, because I have already missed too many days. I was surprised that there was a message from Lisa. I wonder why she called. I wonder if she is going to give me a chance to go back...  
 
My mind has been busy reflecting on what I have been doing to look for work. There really is no reason for me not to have a job. I have a Bachelor's degree, I have a stable work history and I would be a good employee for any agency... The only thing I can think of is that my ex-boss might be saying something negative about me because the principal said that we didn't have a relationship. After I left my job, they fired Deborah, so I called her to find out how she's doing on her job search.
 
Debbie is not too worried, because she has a boyfriend to support her. She says that she has been applying at different places, but she has not gone to one interview. Our ex-boss has to be saying something derogatory...
 
I have been wondering if I should take my last job off my resume,  but with my luck, it would come back to haunt me... 
 
Speaking of coming back to haunt me... The accident that I had on September 17 came back to haunt me... A collection agency says that the man from the car accident filed damages for $3,000 for the damage that my little car did on his big vehicle. Unfortunately, he had his woman in the car and I was driving alone. I have no witnesses to speak in my behalf. The collection agency says that if I do not take care of this, it could affect my driving privileges.
 
When will the nightmare end?!!
 
OK... so now the good news of the week: I was surprised to get a check in the mail. I went to the bank to deposit it in faith today. I told the teller that I wanted to deposit all of it and that I didn't want any cash back. I signed the check and gave it to him. It was a check for 83 cents.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you will find the right job, and maybe you should just take that other job off your resume! You have to much background not to find something! You aren't applying for jobs that you are over qualified  for are you? That can keep you from being hired as well. You are stil in my prayers. -Missy

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it works in the US but here it is illegal to give bad references or do anything that may prevent you getting employment, unless you have a criminal record, so maybe you should check out if your previous employers/boss is giving poor references.
You can only keep trying to find work like you say your qaulified and able to hold down a job, something will turn up, it may not be what you want at first but it's a start.

Take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Hope you find a job soon. I will not be with my extended family this year and it doesn't feel like Christmas to me.
Take care, Chrissie (DSD)

Anonymous said...

I would look into whether or not your x boss is doing as you say.If this is the case Gr.Here in England we have laws they cannot do this.I too am not able to be around the ones in my family I was hoping to this Christmastime.I have been very upset this week about the whole situation,but I will take every day at a time and see what comes along .All my family have a whole ten days holiday as most people do in England.They usualy break up for this as last night Friday until the the 2nd January,so I shall have to see who rings to say they are coming to visit.After the Christmas break.You try keep smiling and I am sure something will come along.I just wish it were soon for you.Prayers will be continued to be said for you and yours.Take Care Have a lovely weekend if possible.Some cheques people send out are a joke Grrrrrrr.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Winivere!! Thank you so much for your friendship.  It means the world to me!!  I wish you only the best!!  love, Shelly