Friday, December 28, 2007

VintageMemories

              

The weight of my body is like carrying the weight of a whole person on my back from the time I wake up until the day's end... The weight of my body is a side effect of the problems of life that I carry, the result of my emotional eating...The weight is heavy and it is exhausting... To do anything extra wears me out... even getting dressed and putting on pantyhose and buckled shoes... My body has been hurt and abused and tossed around like a little rag doll and suffers from many illnesses... The extra weight does not help... It's time for a new body...

The bad experiences of my past have broken my heart in so many pieces that continued attempts to repair it, rewind it, re-bandage it, re-tape it, re-white-it-out, re-pin-it, re-superglue it, etc., will not help... It's time for a new heart...

People said that 2007 would be a very prosperous year and that July 7th, 2007, would be the luckiest day of the year, but 2007 was not a good year for me.... 

It is without a doubt that 2008 will require renewed faith, a new heart transplant, and a new body... It is the last Friday of the year and time once again to write down all of that heavy baggage that I experienced in 2007 and all of those heavy memories that I have been carrying around with me since the day I was born...

Giving things away is another way to let go of the past... It is time to sort through things in my apartment to see what I can donate to charity...

The Chinese are on to this idea of cleaning their homes, paying their debts, and getting rid of things that they no longer need before the New Year gets here...

I am a firm believer that taking time to get rid of the old will allow room for new and better things to come into your life...

I wrote down my list of all the bad things that happened in 2007 and all the bad things that have happened in my life... I am sure that I probably forgot something, but need I say that it was a very long list?! I took my list to church and the pastor will be taking everyone's lists to the Island. He will attach them to a very heavy rock and throw the rock into the ocean tonight to symbolize the letting go of all this garbage...

In the past, I have written my list to God, attached it to a red balloon, and watched the balloon float up into the sky until the balloon completely disappears from sight... Since I will not be present at the Island to see my list go down into the ocean, I may still do the balloon...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way I too need some luck for 2008, and for a change I'm going to try and make it happen.
Take Care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I think that is a wonderful idea! When I was in church, we wrote a list of our sins and burried them on the church property. I think that is a great way to let go and I may do that myself. The best of luck to you in 2008. -Missy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful posting once more.I love to  read your journal Winivere.Sorry things are so hard work for you.I only have to cross the road to get to the ocean so I may try your dunmping of them all there this week.I think mine too will be a very long list.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING.....note I say GOOD morning...so hope taht today is a really good day...I likw the idea of getting rid of all the nasty thoughts and things that have happened in the last year.  However we must also remember that that's just what we are doing with them  getting rid....and then hm not look back to see if they are still foloowing us. Our dear Lord assures us if we leave things to him ALL WILL BE WELL  even if we can't see any purpose to things in this life...ONE DAY  ONE DAY...we will   Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

on new years eve at the stroke of midnight we open the back door and the front door at the same time to let the old year out and the new year in....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this idea.  I think I'll do the balloon thingie and get my kids to also.  We all need a fresh start.  So, if your one list goes in the ocean and the other floats away, you have double coverage.  Sounds good to me.  HUGS  Chris