Monday, December 10, 2007

Frugal Test

                   
How Frugal Are you ?? I got this from Sandra's journal...It's a list of how to cut costs...  
  1. Go with a smaller house. I don't have a smaller house. I have a small apartment.
  2. Go with a smaller car. I drive a small car
  3. Rent rather than own. See Number 1.
  4. Look for used first Some stuff has bad karma you don't want to own or wear. 
  5. Eat out less. I do this. 
  6. Eat out frugally. I do this. 
  7. Brown bag it to workI do this. 
  8. Adopt a minimalist wardrobe. I am working on this and trying to divide it by hot and cold seasons, but most of my clothes are so worn and old that most of them need to be replaced.
  9. Stop online impulse buys. I don't trust my credit card over the inter-net and I don't do E-Bay anymore.
  10. Don’t shop. Living in the Valley has cured me of this! Now, I only go to the store when I run out of toilet paper. 
  11. Use a 30-day list. I am not sure what this is. 
  12. Cut out cable. I have not had cable since my kids lived at home. Now they have kids of their own. That tells you how long it has been.
  13. Use the library. I like the library, but they are not open when I want to go. I have been known to spend all day at a bookstore. That doesn't mean I will buy all the books I find. Sometimes I just take notes. 
  14. Find free entertainment. I do this. 
  15. Frugal exercise. Not exercising is frugal. LOL... I like walking in the moonlight. It's cooler and you don't get sunburned.
  16. Stay healthy. I'm trying! I have so many broken bones and health problems, but I just keep on going! 
  17. Commute by bikeI wouldn't do this on the highway. The drivers from Mexico don't take a test. They buy their licenses. It's dangerous enough just driving a car with Mexicans on the road.
  18. Carpool or ride the bus. If my job demands travel, I cannot carpool with someone because I'd be out of a job. There are no city buses in this area. 
  19. WalkI used to do a lot of walking, but my hip and my ankles give me too much pain now. My last incident was when I got run over by a woman with an electric cart at the market. My body still has not healed from that one. 
  20. Sell your clutter I wish I could do this, but I do not have a garage to have a garage sale. I live in an apartment. I have been trying to give my stuff to charity instead, but I am having difficulty because it is painful to stoop down to pick up things, etc. 
  21. Frugal giftingI do this.
  22. Quit smoking. I don't smoke
  23. Alcohol in moderation. I do this~ only on my birthday and New Year's. Very rare to drink at other times.
  24. Sweets in moderation. I do this. 
  25. Drink water. I do this.
  26. Batch your errands. I do this.
  27. Stay home. I do this~ a lot! LOL 
  28. Stop using credit cardsI have a debit card instead. 
  29. Cancel subscriptions. I don't get into subscriptions unless if they are free.
  30. Make your own. I do this.
  31. Do it yourself. I do this.
  32. Stop paying interest. I try to do this. I bought my car cash so I wouldn't have to pay interest or full coverage insurance. I only pay liability.
  33. Reduce convenience foods. This is questionable. Sometimes convenience foods are cheaper.
  34. Travel frugally. I do this. I limit errands and job searches to the same area to cut gasoline costs, etc.
  35. Cut the cell phoneI don't have one. 
  36. Cut your own hair. I do this.
  37. Maintain stuffI do this. 
  38. Save energy. I do this. I changed all my light bulbs to efficiency ones. I limit clothing inside my apartment in the summer and layer clothing in the winter.
  39. Save gas. Refer to 34. I limit outings to one area.
  40. Only buy bargain clothing (when you need clothes). I do this unless if it is an item that will be worth the wearings. 
  41. Telecommute. I am not sure what this is. 
  42. Plan ahead. I do this~most of the time.
  43. Cook aheadI do this. I cook it, separate it and put it in the freezer. Then, it becomes a convenient food. =.) 
  44. Wash clothes lessI stick to darker colors to wash clothes together instead of having to wash several cycles because of the different colors of lights, darks, and brights. 
  45. Sun-dry clothesThis is not allowed in an apartment, but instead of using the dryer, I will hang up washed clothes on a hanger on the bathroom rod. 
  46. Eat less meatI do this. I try to add more veggies, pasta, rice, or beans than meat to casseroles. 
  47. Save on groceries. This is a hard one, but I try.
  48. Frugal Christmas. I do this. I shop for presents throughout the year instead of only in December.
  49. Eat a cheap breakfast. I do this.
  50. Go with one carI can only afford one car. LOL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start my day ,Thankyou so much for the lovely graphic ,You obviously read my journal entry ,and I have put your journal on my alerts I enjoyed reading your meme ,great answers ...love Jan xx,

Anonymous said...

You are very very beautiful...wow..
i liked this entry..i need to be more frugal...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this meme it has given me several good ideas.
Enjoy your day

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

That's one thing I need to learn, how not to blow money. I am bad when it comes to internet shopping and just buying things on impulse. -Missy

Anonymous said...

This is a good one.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

hello winivere, it's been a while since i've visited. i finally thought to put the aol notifier in my address book, so i don't miss any more of your postings! i love your journal, you have such cute and whimsical decorations, and you are always so humble and gracious. i know that's not always easy. i know that God is faithful and His children are taken care of. blessings for your day, and i wish you a wonderful Christmas season! angelia