Wednesday, December 26, 2007

ChristmasBlessings

They didn't show up in pretty wrapping paper or have shiny bows on them, but I was really surprised to get two Christmas presents in the mail on Christmas Eve and one gift on Christmas Day!

I received a small picture of my new grandbaby and my best friend sent me a little book of encouragement. I was on my way to take a shower last night when there was a knock at the door. The nun downstairs brought me a plate from their Christmas luncheon and a Christmas stocking with two grapefruit and three colored sharpie pens. 

I was very surprised, because although I always like to give gifts, I don't usually receive them... This year's gifts brought me joy, hope, nourishment, and added color to my life.

I am so blessed. =.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, that picture is sooooo cute! -Missy

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet of that lady to bring you those gifts. I hope your Christmas was wonderful. We all love you here in J-land :) -Missy

Anonymous said...

Oh, how much a lovely gesture can mean! :)

Grapefruit actually sounds delightful right about now.

I like how you keep your spirits up and do appreciate the blessings.  I try to do that myself.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic... such cuties!

Joann

Anonymous said...

That was a lovey couple of days you sure had.  I also love your tag  is it "real" children sure looks like it is.  Howevere they got them all to sit still till it was taken is beyond me !!   Have a good day.  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

cute pic..I love sharpies!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Ya for surprises!