Friday, December 7, 2007

Seeds of Faith

                  

I would like to thank everyone who had me in their prayers yesterday, but the job has been filled. Wow @ did I blink or something?!

I am having a REALLY bad hair day today, and the wind has been fierce enough to make it even more frizzy than usual. Still, I forced myself to go to church this morning, looking like that! 

Faith without actions is dead. ~ James 2:14

After church, I went to apply for another job... I don't know what I said, but even though the woman at the employment office wasn't very nice, my job search story made her cry. I was surprised by her reaction, because I don't think I said anything to make her feel sorry for me, and she was really mean before we even sat down to talk. I guess hearing my story just made her grateful about her little problems.

I filled out the application and faxed my resume and application. I really don't know what the job entails, but all it needs is a degree and I have that. 

Once again, I found myself at the end of my toilet paper, so that means that I had to go marketing. I hate going to the market, because I am usually behind someone who pays for a lot of food with government aid... while I have to count my pennies at the counter... 

As luck would have it, I was behind two men who were buying four of the thickest, biggest steaks I have ever seen and big cases of beer. The steaks were so big and thick that they looked like roast! If there had been a hidden camera on me, whoever watched would probably still be laughing right now because of the surprised look on my face when I saw those huge steaks. 

So... here, I was, with my loaves (bread) and fishes (canned tuna), toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, milk, cheese, and a snickers bar... My body probably does not need the snickers, but I am eating it with the intention that sweetness might become a part of my life and because the stressers in my life REALLY demanded a little chocolate today!

I love birds. I find them fascinating to watch. One of my favorite childhood books is a Golden Book called "Birds" with illustrations by Eloise Wilkin. You could always tell which books were mine, because the books I liked were illustrated by Eloise Wilkin.

I love seeing things that I thought I would only see in books... like the first time that I ever saw a sandpiper or a cardinal. I have a bird, because she is a reminder of God's promises...

Sometimes I think about Jenny and her words: Oh, God, make me a bird so I can fly far far away. Sometimes our problems seem so big that we want to run away...

Therefore, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet, your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? ~ Mark 6:25-28

 


Tags: ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the job but maybe this one will turn out for you! You will find the right one...thanks for the encouragment as well. That was a very hopeful message. Hope you have a good night.-Missy

Anonymous said...

yeah I hate that too, some ppl have buggies full of food, using there ebt card and im just like...must be nice

Anonymous said...

Lovely potsing once again Winivere.I am sorry your shopping has to be limited.Not to worry about the job being taken ,I am sure something will turn up soon.I much rather have a bit of cheese than a large steak,so if I were nearer I would call round and have had a little bit of that cheese with you LOL.It's not the amount of food one has to offer, its the welcome.I do hope you can mange to get by this Christmas time.My prayers are continueing for you.Have a lovely weekend if possible.as I don't often come online through  the day on weekends.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi Winivere...I was just reading about your interview.  Sorry you didn't get that job.  I think there has to be something special out there.  Boy, do I know the feeling of being down to my last pennies.  It's terrible but the Lord does come through.  I spend many nights awake thinking of ways to rob Peter to pay Paul.  Hang in there....Chris

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get the job, I hope this lady can help you find something suited just for you!!  I know about counting pennies at the check-out counter, I've had those times.... things will get better soon, I promise.

Joann