Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tink-ing About You

I know...here it is Wednesday and I am doing Monday's Tink-ing... It happens!

              

 QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

What is your favorite food? Why do you think it is your favorite food? Is there a story connected to it?! Describe your favorite food as if I had never heard  of it or tasted it before.  

 OBSERVATION OF THE WEEK:

This week, pay attention to other foods that you may be eating with similiar qualities of your favorite food. Is there a pattern? Do you reach for foods of the same texture, smell, or taste as your favorite food? Compare and write about it.

 DOUBLE ASSIGNMENT:

People at church have been asked to write down all of their worries and things that they want but that they feel might be impossible... I am trying to compose a list. Here is my list so far:

1. To always feel blessed.
2. To never have to worry about money.
3. For good health and vitality.
4. A job doing what I love.
5. To be at my ideal weight.
6. To take away my sackcloth and clothe me in joy.
7. A clean, safe, comfortable and beautiful place to live.
8. Safe, reliable transportation.
9. To love and be loved~ a husband I can admire.
10. True lifetime friends.
11. For my friends and family's needs.
12. For peace in the world.
13. For peace of mind.
14. To enjoy my life.
15. To make a difference~ to leave my mark in the world.
16. To write a book.
17. For wisdom.
18. To go to places I've never been to before.

I am afraid I have not been a very good girl with my eating plan, and I have not been able to exercise since I got run over by the woman with the electric cart at the supermarket. My poor body. I had plans to give it up to Science when I die, but I don't think they would even take it for Science fiction.

Yesterday, I made the beans that my mother gave me. I love beans, but it takes so long to prepare them and to cook them. I am so disappointed that the beans she gave me lost their magic. After only a small sample last night, they are still giving me problems this morning. The beans are definitely too old! I hate to throw away food, but I have to or they will make me sick.

Today, I will be without water again, so I washed my hair last night. The maintenance man was at my neighbor's apartment all day yesterday. I don't know if he even had lunch or if he took turns with the other maintenance guy during lunch. The note said it was a water leak, but I think it is a clogged sink, because they kept hammering and pushing the snake in and out of the sink. As long as I have lived here, they have not found the water leak, and I have been here for almost ten years.

Also, when I did a follow-up on that interview, the girl sounded to me as if they planned on hiring from within, but she sounded that way when I took the typing test.

I am not giving up hope. I am on my last pennies, Lord. Open the door.

P.U.S.H.~ pray until something happens...

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like that P.U.S.H.
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry your eating plan isn't working out. I used to be at my ideal weight, and now, in a years time I have put on 50 lbs. I really don't think to much about it but I don't have energy like I used to, that part bothers me. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea if I started myself on something like that...-Missy

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had problems with your eating plan.Some days are like that for many people.I get days where I can realy be good and then days on the trot where all I want are the bad foods.You are not alone.I guess the maintenance men will go home when they are ready and not before.Grrrr these kind of men in the UK like to pass time and play around sometimes,the longer it takes them to do the repair the more cash they can charge the customer.Grrrrrrrr.By the way my favourite food is Cheese and anything made with cheese.LOL!! Yes very fattening it is too.I have you in my prayers that something nice turns up soon.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

No, don't give up hope.  I'd like it to happen for you, or SOMETHING good to happne for you, employment-wise.  (Well, and otherwise! )

Hmmm, favorite food.  It's lunchtime and I'm, frankly, hungry.  It's also snowing outside, not a lot, perhaps an inch or two right now.  Most things would look edible to me right now:)  Perhaps some good split pea soup without ham.  I'll have to describe it later, though.

Your "double assignment" one, though ,is thought provoking.  That'll take some time.

Anonymous said...

Okay, your mother needs a reality check !! Beans are cheap to begin with. She shouldn't have dumped those old bean on you. Good beans here are like a buck a pound. Would you like me to mail you some ?

Good luck with the job search by the way :)