Friday, December 14, 2007

Kool-Aid Diaries

           

When my daughter was a little girl, she used to always come home crying about something that the kids at school said or did, so I would always make up stories of "La Reina" (The Queen) or "The Angel Mommy and the Angel Child" and the stories would always end with a Kool-Aid happy ending, so we would sit on the floor and laugh and have a little floor picnic, drinking Kool-Aid from little teacups... It would always make her feel better and it would give us good quality time together...

Sometimes, I would draw cartoons and color them with colored pencils. Well, today, I found one of them! It was "La Reina" going to an interview. I tried to do one via PSP but I had to shorten the wording because I don't have a font small enough to show the words clearly. Still, I thought this turned out kinda cute and it goes with what is happening in my life at the moment. =.)

I wore my black skirt with a brown jacket and my favorite Angel scarf draped over one shoulder, brown and linen pumps, and my brown Victoria Wicke purse. I pulled my hair back and up in a pony tail with some large combs that clip together and left a few trindels around the face. For jewelry, I stuck to my clear crystal necklace and simple earrings, a silver watch, and the ring my daughter gave me that she inscribed to show that I am her inspiration. Inside my purse were things of equal importance: a picture of my daughter and I, a small New Testament, my handwritten 23rd Psalm, my handkerchief, and my sword. In my portfolio were a copy of my application, my Resume, transcripts, copy of my drivers license and Social Security card, Letters of Recommendation, and my list of Questions to ask. I was prepared.

I would have to say that the interview went well. I do not know if I convinced the Director, but the woman seemed convinced. It is not really the job that I want, but I need a job, and a lot of the people who work there know me and love me...

Christmas is going on all around me. The newspapers are full of sales. Traffic is intense. Busy shoppers are shopping for gifts. I feel as if I am alone in a crowd. All I need is a job to pay my bills... January is almost here and I don't have the money to pay the rent... I am still trusting in you, Lord...

After the interview, I dropped in at church, and then, went to the Income Tax training. The questions are really tough. I only did two income tax problems today. Ughhh... I am behind the others because I wasn't there on Tuesday, but I had two interviews this week, so that's pretty good.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Income Tax training sounds difficult butI'm sure you'll catch up, well done on getting the two interviews this week fingers crossed that you will get one of them.

Have a great weekend

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Explanation needed-[my handkerchief, and my "sword"]

Is that in case of a dragon popping by?-LOL
connie

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Win!  I'm Christmas Caroling thru J-Land.  Click on the lin below for my carol.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success/entries/2007/12/14/christmas-caroling-thru-j-land/800

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you WERE prepared for your interview! I hope you get it! I love the graphics by the way, you did a good job with them. -missy

Anonymous said...

goodluck, I really hope u get the job

Anonymous said...

LOL... my daughter's name is Lauren, but I always called her La Reina and the title fits her to a tee. Good luck on your job interview hope you get it.
Take care, Chrissie (DSD)

Anonymous said...

Lord, I'm praying you get a job.  I know somehow you will get the money for your rent.  I live by a wing and prayer even though I'm working.  I had to shell out $200 to fix my furnace today.  Ugh....now I'm going to have to rob Peter and Paul.  Hang in there....  bTW:  love the tag you did!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Good Luck sweetie!  Half the battel when getting a job is what the co-workers say about you before and after you are there.  My secreatry used to give me the heads up on how a person was dressed, how professional, friendly or if anything was said negative about the company before even getting an interview.  

One male nurse I was more or less forced to hire turned up for an interview in a tank top (hairy armpits), shorts, and flip flops.  As I was doint the interviewn he tipped his cahir back against the  wall and put his hands behind his head.  He turned out to be a mouthy, and alienated the nurses of the hospitals I had on contract.  Then he decided to leave right before Christmas, just as our busy season began.  Then he gave my name as a reference.  HA!  They all got the truth.

Anyway....all the luck to you.  I hope you hear their decision soon.  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the results of the job interview.  Your outfit sounds very smart :o)  I like the cartoon.  

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you!!!  Stop saying you don't WANT this job.... it may not be the PERFECT job forever, but it's the PERFECT job for now.... start saying "I really want this job!!"  = )  You'll be MUCH more convincing on the interviews.

Good Luck,

Joann

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, I LOVE the Kool-Aid Chronicles idea!!!

Joann