Wednesday, December 19, 2007

MyVisitWithDad

I drove over to the cemetary to visit with my Daddy today. The cemetary is an hour away. I was happy to see that his grave is clean and that he is under a beautiful palm tree that provides him with such lovely shade. The flowers I gave Mother to take to Daddy's grave were there. (I'm so happy she didn't lose them. She always loses whatever I give her.) The flowers still look fresh and colorful. I'm so happy that the weather has not damaged them. His stone needs to be cleaned, but I didn't have anything with me to clean it.

We had a good, long talk, my Daddy and I. I like it when no one is there, because I feel more free to speak out loud and share my thoughts and stories with him. 

My father died when I was three. I wish I had known what it is like to grow up having a dad. I wish I had known what it would be like to have him in my life today. I can only imagine how different my life would have been if God had allowed him to stay with us.

I wish you were really here, Daddy. I wish I could hear your voice and feel your arms around me. I miss you, Daddy. I'm sorry that I have stayed away for so long. Our visit did me a world of good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sad. I couldn't imagine growing up without my dad, we have always been so close. I'm glad you went to visit him! I know you feel a lot better. Hope you have a great night. -Missy

Anonymous said...

I go to visit over the Christmas period too Winivere.I usually take a little cross or a small wreath,Both my parents are burried together back home 100 miles away.I always take a large bottle of waer and soem old cloths to clean th estone and shine it.It is Black Marble with Gold letters on.We chose this as it is easy to clean.I talk to them no matter who is around,but I know what you mean about when you are alone.I am so sorry Daddy wasn't around too long in your life,but he is with you every day believe me,just as you are with him in your thoughts.I am realy touched to know you still go to tthe cememtary,I don't think this generation today will grow up doing the same as we do.Thats only my view on the subject.Whilever I have hands and legs I will go there.Take Care Friend.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

My Mum is buried over in UK but I have a small stone here in one of my flowerbeds that is dedicated to her...
glad you felt some comfort from your visit...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

glad ur visit with ur dad helped

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) so much sadness :(  I didn't have a dad either for different reasons but I can understand how you feel xx  I hope xmas isn't too upsetting for you xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I miss my Dad.

At least, however, I had him until I was 45.

I'm glad you got to go there.