Saturday, December 29, 2007

Traditions & Resolutions

                     

I have no idea why it is so hard for me to clean my apartment... My poor body has no energy... I have a sore throat and I have been sneezing a lot... I hope I am not getting sick...

When I used the oven earlier this week, I ended up making a mess, because I had to take everything out to get to the pans and utensils that I needed... I hate small kitchens... I found a box small enough to put into the cabinet but large enough to hold my cake decorating stuff, so that the next time that I take stuff out, I can pull out a box instead of having stuff dump all over me...

I found the nativity set. It is not as pretty as this one, but I have all of these little statues except that my shepherd is different... I was only going to put out the Holy Family, but ok... I took out the cow and the donkey and the sheep are so cute and the angels and the shepherd and the goat herder reminds me of my childhood... and then, I thought about the Three Kings... It really isn't time to set them out yet... not until the 7th, but I decided to set them out, too, so that I can enjoy them just a little longer! Makes me happy...

I will look for my frankincense and myrrth and place three gold coins before the baby Jesus... If I kept them with the Nativity, I wouldn't have to look for them! Duh!... The three coins are one for the Father, one for the Son, and one for the Holy Spirit... (I used to use three quarters, but now I use three gold dollar coins.)... and I will set out some water and some grass for the wise men's camels... 

I have not bought the camels for my Nativity set, yet... It would be nice to get at least one camel for them... I have two sets of Wise Men... the ones that are traveling and the ones that are worshiping the baby Jesus... My traveling Wise Men are on horseback, camel and elephant... I found a picture of them on the web, but this picture doesn't do them justice...

Tomorrow is the last Sunday of the year... time to make that list of things that I want for 2008... On a piece of paper, small enough to fit in a small envelope, I drew two little hearts joined at the center to symbolize my heart transplant, because in 2008, I am replacing my broken heart with a brand new one... I am excited about my new heart... It will allow me to open my heart up to love once again... I hope nobody will break it in 2008...

The hearts on my paper look something like the image in the sand at the top of this entry, except that they are in one continuous line... The little paper is small enough to fit in an envelope, so you can imagine how small the hearts are! I had to write very small. =.) I think I will make two copies. I will put one under the baby Jesus, and I will leave the other one at church tomorrow... 

Why is it so much easier to go to my computer than it is to clean house? LOL...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ihope your New Years resouloutions come true for you, As usual I'm not making any, just my usual hope that each year gets better and I learn new lessons....hopefully

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I hope u can get ur camels

Anonymous said...

Because it doesn't require any effort to go to the computer, cleaning house takes energy. Don't beat yourself up about it. If you can't then you can't. Do it when you can. Good luck with your new years resolutions! I am praying for you. -Missy

Anonymous said...

Great list... I like that one!!!  LOL!!!  Thanks so much for leaving the good wishes for my birthday, that was so nice of you to think of me!!  You're so sweet!!  I wish you much happiness and complete health in 2008!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Some good resolutios there !!  Me I don't make any !! would only break them for sure.  So I make promises...they are much harder to break.   My promise is to try to be a better comunicator...by this I mean, I can do all that here on the net, but I am not so good at comunicating to groups of people etc.  I won't make any more as I don't want to have any guilt if I fail.  Much Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

LOL..Winn, we are so much alike.  I have travleing wise men also.  I just won't go up to my attic to get them because I had mice up there.  They creep me out.  I pray that 2008 brings you a job and a happy heart....Hugs  Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh man...that Bridget Jones is awesome!

Anonymous said...

HAHA about Bridget's list:)

I thought Epiphany was on Sunday, January 6th?  Well, yes, perhaps I can still get out my nativity set......... I usually do, always, we DID get out the Cat's Meow nativity set, and the little snow globe one (as if it snowed where Christ was born that eve ha, well, it's pretty, and lovely song to it).  We're going to celebrate again on that day, January 6th.  Whichever day, it IS still Christmas time:)

And, I'm woefully behind on journals.  I just couldn't bear going online a lot, was struggling to keep up the spirit of Christmas, with and for my daughter, who is truly a blessing.  God is good.