Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday after Palm Sunday

This is me at the Pieta in April 2004. I was wearing jeans in a size four; would you believe?! Must presevere.

My mother showed up last night and spent the night, so this will be a short entry.

I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I dont think I lost any weight last week. (Note: Last week, I took my thyroid medication as prescribed.)  I was hungry everyday last week and Saturday was the worst. Pigged out all day. Ughhh...

Sunday was Palm Sunday. Went to 6:30 a.m. mass and prayed for God's help with my health and my weight-loss problems. I walked around the trail where the live-sized stations of the cross are and sat with the blessed Mother at the Pieta. It was a nice visit. Wish I had a better camera so I could take a closer shot of the blessed Mother's face. They did a very good job at creating these life-sized stations of the cross.

I didnt take my thyroid medication yesterday, and I was surprised that I did pretty good at controlling my hunger.  I will not take the medication this week. For some reason, I always seem to do better at weight-loss without it.

This week is Holy Week. On Holy Week, some Catholics sacrifice going without meat all week. When I was at the grocery store yesterday, I noticed that they have fish portions and fish sticks in frozen dinners and they are able to microwave those, so I see no reason not to do the same. I already had some fish portions in my freezer.

Today's Menu

B: half grapefruit, glass milk, coffee
S: half apple, sliced
L: fish portion, sliced potatoes, green beans
S: half apple, sliced

Dont know what to have for dinner yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your diet this week, I am sure that Thyroid medicine causes weight gain, my mom has gained so much since she has been on it.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds good and makes me want to get a fresh crisp apple!  But Me thinks it will be from Mc Donalds without that awful carmel dip.  Without my thyroid I get tired, lethargic, depressed, can't think clearly, and gain a lot of water weight.  Good luck on getting yours adjusted.---Love, Mary