Thursday, March 31, 2005

LQQK Fear In the Face

                       Stolen from kdwsunshine =.)

Sorry Kathi, but when I saw this graphic in your journal, it was too small to read, so I blew it up. I liked it so much that I had to put it in my journal. =.) Thank you, Kathi. I love it!

Last week and this week have not been good for dieting, but I cannot let a setback keep me from my goals, especially since my best friend's graduation is just around the corner in May. Have to look a little bit cute. I must lose at least 10 lbs by then. =.)

It would be nice to be able to fit in the clothes in my closet, but I also have a navy blue suit coming from Lerner Catalog. I hope it will fit. I think part of the problem is that I hate shopping at the mall. Yesterday, I received a catalog from a company I have never heard of before, and they have nice career clothes also, so the possibility of being able to find nice clothes will not be a problem. Need to get back on track and whittle that waistline into an hourglass!

Today's Menu

B: Pinto Beans taco on wheat tortilla, glass milk
S: 1/2 sliced apple
L: McDonald's Salad w/grilled chicken & lt dressing, diet soda
S: 1/2 sliced apple
D: Raisin Bran and milk
S: Light Nonfat Yogurt 

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

P.S. Still experiencing a lot of headaches. Feels like someone put an axe through my forehead. Ouch!  I am returning to my thyroid medication today.

PSS. My boss is married, but his wife has been living out of town with her father for years, because it is close to her work. It seems that she got into an argument with her father and her father kicked her out, so she returned home with her husband (my boss). Our ex-secretary was transferred to a nearby location about a year ago, but she continues to have a huge crush on my boss and she calls him a zillion times a day. My boss is sensitive to other people's feelings. I do not know if he was having an affair with her, but it is obvious to everybody what a huge crush she has on him. He has mentioned several times that she is young enough to be his daughter, but she keeps throwing herself at him. I thought it kind of strange that yesterday he was avoiding her calls. It was sad to see him at his desk, staring at the wall. My boss doesnt have a good relationship with his wife, but it makes me wonder why some people try to butt into a marriage and why some people stay in relationships just to be miserable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one has always stumped me also.   HOpe your having some fun today.  I've been playing practical jokes on everyone.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your weight loss. It is a battle most of us fight everyday! You will do great, I'm sure! I love shopping thru catalogs and internet! Easy..don't have to leave your desk! I love that graphic as well...and your poor boss...women can be really aggressive with men. She must be mystified by the authority figure that he is! Crazy women!
Hugs,
Stace