Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Holy Wednesday

            Marilyn Monroe 

Marilyn entertaining the troops in Korea ~ Love this picture, because her weight looks obtainable! =.)

Wednesday! Only two more days! I will be taking Good Friday and Easter Monday off to go see my children and my grandchildren, so this might not be such a good week for dieting, but we will see... 

As mentioned earlier, I am Catholic and some Catholics do not eat meat on Holy Week. Holy Week is the week before Easter. So far, I have been doing good not to eat meat this week. Brings back memories of the way we used to eat when I was a little girl. We would eat beans and rice every day, and we only ate meat on Sunday. I would make soft tacos for lunch and fried chicken for supper. Most of the time, I would hide when grandma would kill a chicken from the chicken coop, because it was awful to see her wring it's neck. Ouch!

Yesterday, I had half a grapefruit, a glass of milk, and coffee for breakfast, and Spanish Rice and Beans a la Charra with Pico de Gallo for lunch and for supper. It has been so long since I have cooked Spanish rice that I had a hard time trying to find my spices. It's hard to be organized when you have a very small kitchen... a very small apartment, actually! 

Spanish ladies label a small kitchen as a sad kitchen, but I tell them that my kitchen is not sad; it is cheerful, because I have it decorated with fat ladies in bikinis. 

Yes, Mary, I have the same problems with my thyroid and my thyroid medication, but I have proved to myself in the past that I am able to lose weight without the medication. I started gaining weight again after I got back on it, and so, I am experimenting to see if there is a difference.

My scale has been such a tease these past few days,dancing back and forth between 170 and 171. Need to get under that number! My goal this week is to get into the 160s.

I was surprised to see the moon come up to greet me yesterday after 5:30 p.m. It's as if the moon is calling me to return to my moonlit walks with God. Looks like it has finally stopped raining. Will go for a walk this evening.

"The body is meant to be seen, not be all covered up." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Winter is gone, but Spring is here! Time to stop being all covered up. Time to lose weight to expose a pretty waistline! Must presevere.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I can do this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wini--Sounds like you will be having a great time with family and that is more important than anything.  I like the discription of your kitchen--fat ladies in little bathing suits--I want to get that brave!!! I am getting there--at least am getting a bathing suit that fits.   Your diet plan makes me hungry for real food and maybe I'll just throw some beans onions and totillas together --yummm.--Love, Mary

Anonymous said...

You sooo need to take a picture of your kitchen, I would love to see it...
I hope that you have a WONDERFUL easter with your family!
hugs,
Kathi