Friday, November 5, 2004

Setting Up the Tree

Traditional Pre-Lit Holiday Tree

OMGGG... Where did the year go? Last night, I took out the artificial Christmas tree and set it up. Of course, I would rather have a real tree, but I have found that having an artificial Christmas tree really isnt so bad, because the money I save from not getting a live tree, I can invest into Christmas presents. =.)  I am so eager to look at my Christmas ornaments again. I need to decide how I will rearrange the furniture and decorate my living room before I decorate the tree.

It's so hard to believe that it is almost Thanksgiving! Because Christmas falls on a weekend, I will have more time to spend with my family on Thanksgiving than on Christmas, so my plans are to combine the two holidays with my daughters and their families who are the furthest away. At Christmas, I will have my mother and my brother over. So that means a lot of decisions, getting Xmas presents before Thanksgiving, mending what I need to pack for my holiday with my girls (my daughters and my grandaughters).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have bought a few presents but am still far from done. That is great that you got your tree out. I usually don't get a tree for my apartment since I live alone. I enjoy my parent's tree. Last year my Mom had an artificial tree and everyone griped about it so much that she gave the tree away. lol. Plus, the dang thing weighed a ton and taking it upstairs to their B and B took 3 men and a boy to get it up there so we only had it for 1 year. Looking forward to the real thing again this year.
Love, Kat