Sunday, November 14, 2004

Box of Beautiful Treasures

       

Did a tornado hit my apartment or was it me?!

My goal is to "spring clean" my apartment before the New Year. Unfortunately, I tire so easily that I have to take frequent breaks.

Friday, I took out everything from the coat closet and put different things in there, so everything that was in the coat closet is still in my living room and I took the plastic shoe holder that I had behind my bedroom door and put it behind the coat closet door, so my shoes are scattered on the floor in the bedroom. I have been trying to set up my tree and prepare my home for the holidays, so I have Xmas stuff everywhere, too. And yesterday, I tried to clean the kitchen, so there is still stuff on the counters and on the floor. Ugh! Natural Disaster? No, just moi. =.)        

                                                     

Hanging Shoe Over The Door OrganizerThe 24 pocket vinyl shoe organizer on the back of the coat closet now holds my tools, lightbulbs, camera, batteries, styrofoam cups, etc. Love it! I put some nails inside the closet to hold my umbrellas. The closet also holds extra blankets and pillows for when guests come over...

     

It's hard cleaning my kitchen cabinets because this kitchen was made for tall people. I have to constantly get up on a stool to rearrange things and getting on my knees to clean the cabinets below is hard on my knees, but I have rearranged all of my kitchen cabinets and drawers! I cleaned my refrigerator, too, and filled the ice cube trays with fresh water. It is amazing how I found a place for everything in that small little kitchen. Now I want to open all the cabinets and drawers and just stare at them. LOL..                                

I redid the Xmas wreath with mauve victorian roses and gold star garland. I sat my sexy Katherine mermaid in it and hung it over the fireplace. She has long blonde hair and a whimsical face that looks like Cher. The colors in the wreath match the oriental pillow on my rocking chair and also the Christmas tree skirt! Yay... I couldnt find a mermaid like the one on my wreath to put into this entry, but I also have this one. She is so cute, but this one will go on my tree...

I took off the bright red poinsettas from a Xmas spray that I already owned. The flowers are too bright and dont go with the wine and cranberry colors, so I changed the flowers and rested the spray on the mantle, accompanied by candles. Sweet!

I was frustrated because I accidently put the lights on the tree backwards, but after I redid them, I had to step back and just look at my tree. It looks so pretty with nothing but lights on it! But then, I proceeded to pull my Christmas ornament collection from my Xmas box. Most of my ornaments are by Katherine's Collection. They are whimsical mermaids, kissing seahorses, and a kissing frog with his fingers crossed behind his back. But I also have an awesome December Diamonds King Neptune. I couldnt find a picture of him online either. Sighhh... but I do see that they have some new sexy mermen that I might get this year. This kind of collection is expensive, but I have found some bargains on Ebay and I only get a few pieces at a year. 

   

                           

Oh so fun to open up boxes with beautiful treasures... a reminder of the Venus within the Glass Box... I know! I know! =.)

Last week, I found some organza cranberry red and metallic gold placements and napkins at Pier I. Wow! So beautiful! Wish they had a picture of them online but they dont. I will take some of the gold metallic star garland to hold the napkins together. I already had some cranberry and metallic gold silk poinsettas that I found at the dollar store one year that I liked, but they just didnt go with anything. Because they were only a dollar, I got them anyway. This year, I am glad that I did! They match everything so perfectly and will make a nice centerpiece for the table. Wow! Amazing how all the colors on the wreath, the table skirt, the centerpiece, the placemats and the napkins all match so perfectly! Surely God must have had a hand in this!

I know it takes me a long time to clean my house, but there is nothing wrong with going at my own pace. As I look at all the mess in my apartment, I must give thanks to the Lord for the abundance in my life. The Lord must surely love me to give me so many beautiful treasures. I'm off to make some arroz con pollo, aka chicken with Spanish rice and to finish putting things in order in my living areas...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win,
It sounds like you have been so busy cleaning. It is such a great feeling to get everything clean and done. Step back and take a deep breathe and enjoy.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I finally made my way to your journal...your tree sounds sooo pretty, maybe we can see pictures later?? I love the ornaments.

I am adding you to my alerts and I WILL be back!!

hugs,
Kathi

http://journals.aol.com/kdwsunshine/ADayInTheLifeOfMe

Anonymous said...

Hey, Win!

I was browsing for December Diamonds and found your site ... and I couldn't resist dropping a note.  DD started in 2001 and has a huge variety of ornaments.  Their "Diamonds of the Sea" collection of mermaids and mermen started with Margarita Mermaid and culminated in 43 total figures as of this year (2006).  I have the entire set and would be happy to send you a list, complete with SKU numbers, to help you in your search.  I'm not a seller, but I know how frustrating it can be to locate these items, especially since they are discontinued as quickly as they're released.

Trip