Tuesday, November 2, 2004

A Gift from God

                                                                               

           

When I came to this area, I spent three years sleeping on the floor, because I refused to stay here. Like Gilligan and the Skipper, I hadnt planned on staying, but when I broke my back last year, I decided that it was best to buy a bed.

It took me a few months to get used to sleeping on the bed, because I was so used to sleeping on the floor. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, because I just couldnt get used to the bed, and I'd go back to the floor and back to the bed and back to the floor until I finally got used to it. 

When I went bed shopping, I laid on every bed at the store and the manager laid on them with me. =.) Talk about wanting to make a sale; huh?! He even took off my shoes and we laid in bed together! He gave me a pretty good deal, a queen sized bed at a full sized bed price and he even paid for the delivery! But my bed didnt have a headboard...

When I came in from work yesterday, I noticed an antique white and brass headboard at the trash bin. Upon first glance, I wondered why anyone would throw away something so beautiful. One of my neighbors kept staring at me, as I got off my car and examined the headboard... no footboard, but who needs a footboard?!! At first, it looked too small and I figured something had to be wrong with it. I still dont know if something is wrong with it, because I will need to get some screws to see if I can attach it to my bedframe, but even if I cant attach it, it is just too beautiful to pass up. I tried to lift it, but it was so heavy. 

                           

God must have sent an angel to help me with the load, because somehow, I managed to get it up the stairs, into my apartment, and I put it between the bed and the wall. I still cant believe that I did that all by myself! Surely, it must have been a big strong angel like this one or at least I would like to think that he looked like this! =.) It's as if God wanted me to have the headboard, no other explanation, especially with my bad back and all.

Because I havent attached it yet, I am not sure if it is for a full-sized bed, but upon first glance, I had originally thought that it was for a twin sized bed, so that's not so bad... although it is a tad short, but I figured I could put some bricks or something under it to lift it up a little higher... and so, I thanked the Lord for my beautiful gift, and I went to sleep. My new headboard is so victorian. It makes me want to hang some netting from the ceiling. It makes me feel like a princess...

                                             

I was in a rush to get to work this morning, but when I got into my car, I noticed that there was something on the windshield. I was surprised to see the two parts that attach to the headboard to make it taller! The neighbor that was watching me must have been the one who threw away the bedframe! Oh, blessed be!!! Now if only the Lord could just set out a dresser or a chest of drawers! =.)  

                         

As for my diet, I havent been able to eat everything that I am supposed to eat, so I suppose that I am doing ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!  I'm so glad that this wonderful gift was made available for you!  What a treat!  Someone stole my brass headboard while we were moving into our place...so hopefully one day I'll get another!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Win. Gee, I hope all men angels look so good. It was meant to be with your new headboard. I am glad you are doing good on your diet. I was good today also two days down and 17 more to go until weigh in. lol.
Love,
Kat