Sunday, November 21, 2004

Fortuna/Prosperity/Abundance

              

                                                Fortuna ~ painting by ?

Weekend Assignment #35: Tell us something you should be thankful for -- but that you're usually not.

Many people think that prosperity and abundance means to have lots of money, but prosperity and abundance comes in many forms.

You dont have to be rich to have prosperity and abundance in your life. It's how you choose to look at things. It's how you choose to find joy in the little things of your everyday life.

Why would someone wait until Thanksgiving to give thanks once a year when there are so many things to be grateful for every day! I like to give thanks before I go to bed at night, but it's not enough to give thanks only for the good things, for you never know when something good will come from something that you thought was the worst thing that could happen! 

I am blessed with all the wonders of nature, with the song my bird sings when she thinks I'm not listening, with my family and friends, with the joy that my grandaughters bring to all of us as they discover the world for the first time. I am grateful for all the clutter and messiness of abundance in my home, for the amazing way my body works, for moonlit walks and the beauty of a blue moon in the summertime, for the change of seasons, for all the wonderful things that I have taught myself how to do, for the many trips my car allows me to take for work and for pleasure, for indoor plumbing to wash dishes with and to take a refreshing shower or relaxing bath, for a soft bed to sleep like a Princess, for the days when I find a shiny new penny or when I have enough quarters to do a load of laundry, for the days when someone sends me flowers, for my computer that has opened the door to so many friendships, for the many life experiences and life lessons He has taught me that have touched the life of others.

God is wonderful and He loves me so much that He has blessed me with so many things. I am grateful for all the big things, but I choose to be grateful for all the little things, every day. I am truly blessed with prosperity and abundance in my every day life.

                              Click here to return to calendar graphics

                                              Laxmi, Goddess of Fortune

No comments: