Thursday, September 30, 2004

Today's Blessings

Every morning this week, the moon has been coming up to greet me on my way to work. I look forward to seeing what blessings the Lord will bring me each day.

Today, a friend of mine sent me this painting by email. If you know the name of the artist, let me know... The painting reminds me of how much I miss living by the sea. It brings back memories of watching the dolphins jump and play in the ocean, as the ferry crossed us over into Port Aransas. The moon always reminds me of the ocean and how wonderful it felt to walk along the beach under the light of the moon. I must go to the ocean again before winter sets in...

For the past two weeks, I have had to work late. Today, I stayed longer than usual. On the way home, I noticed a second hand store that was still open. The owners of the shop and their children looked like a Christmas card of elves hard at work, the man busy hammering and the wife and children busy arranging and rearranging things. As I walked in, I noticed two tall stands with old fashioned clothespins sticking out of them. They hung a lot of beannie babies on one of the stands and a lot of belts on the other. Turns out that the man made them himself. He agreed to sell me one, and I was fortunate to talk him down on price! It wasnt meant to be a hat stand, but I think it will make a great stand for most of my hats! Color me happy! Oh, so blessed!

hat_1

http://cydcharisse.net/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture.
Love,
Kat