Monday, September 27, 2004

One Year Anniversary

Alternative reality  Alternative Reality ~ Painting by Josephine Wall http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/

My journal has reached it's one year anniversary. The painting above reminds us that life is full of choices. The reflection of this woman in the mysterious mirror is much like the woman in The Glass Box.

The woman's reflection is caught between two worlds. Only she can decide if she belongs to the world to which she is familiar and comfortable in or if she belongs to what remains of the world where she was once a Princess.  As for me, I choose to repair the remains of the world I once knew but to walk as a Princess in my Present World.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to keep on walking forward. 

                                                  

In making New Year's resolutions, I usually write down the bad and tear it up, resolving to put the past behind. New Year gives us an opportunity to start over. And thus, I write...

Into God's hands, I leave: The hurt, the pain, and the illnesses of my body; the extra pounds I have gained; any feelings imposed by stress, bad relationships, or hurtful words made by myself or by other people that have kept me from reaching my weight-loss goals.

From God's hands, I receive~ My divine rights for Perfect Health.. to persevere in my efforts to reach and maintain my ideal weight... to return to my moonlit walks without strain, without pain... for wisdom and understanding, to listen to the things the Lord wants me to know.. to be grateful, to be positive, to find inspiration in the little things... to become the heroine of my own story.  

Paper is patient and it awaits my good news, but only God knows what is on the last page of my story. ~Winivere

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PS Happy Aniversary!!!
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

It is so true that sometimes you have to take a step backwards to keep on walking forward. I need to keep that in mind when I am losing ground on things.
Love,
Kat