Sunday, September 19, 2004

I am God's Masterpiece

There once were three trees in the forest: an Olive tree, an Oak tree, and a Pine tree. As they grew, these trees had big dreams of becoming something special one day.

The Olive tree dreamed of becoming a treasure chest to hold great treasures. The Oak tree dreamed of being a big ship to carry kings across the ocean. The Pine tree dreamed of standing tall on top of a mountain, for the glory of God. The Lord knew their dreams and He sent them sunshine and rain to help them grow. The trees rejoiced that they had been blessed with God's favor. They grew big and strong and full of hope for their futures, but then, one day, man showed up.

The Olive tree's heart broke in two when he discovered that man had chopped him down for nothing more than to make troths to feed his farm animals. The Oak's dream of becoming a huge ship was shattered when men took him down to build a small, insignificant boat. The Pine could not believe that his fate was to be nothing more than chopped wood for firewood.

Sometimes what we think we want for ourselves may not be in God's plans at all. The three trees thought God had forgotten them and that all hope of becoming something great was lost. But God turned that troth of that Olive tree into a manger where the baby Jesus laid His sweet head. He turned that small boat of that Oak tree into the fishing boat that carried the greatest of Kings. He took the chopped wood of that Pine tree, placed two pieces of chopped wood together, and that Pine tree became the cross where Jesus was crucified, the most beautiful sacrifice that God made for us to demonstrate His great love and His great mercy, by sacrificing His only son, that we might have eternal life.

Maktub ~ Arabic for "It was already written."

I am God's masterpiece. I am a work in progress. My dreams were to someday be an artist, but God took me along a different path. Only God knows what lies ahead on the last page of my story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win, I have never been so touched by an entry of yours as I am by this one.  I often wonder what God has in store for me.  And like most of us, I do not know.  But this does not mean that I have no purpose.  One day, when He is ready, He will reveal it to me.
Thank you so much.  As always, you have touched my soul in the most special of ways.
Love, Tracy

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

You dont have to wait on God. God waits on you. He waits for your YES. Perhaps you havent been listening...

Win =.)