Monday, September 6, 2004

Were You a Messy Baby?!

God will change my mess into a message and turn my test into a testimony. 

Last night, I noticed that my friends were online, so I clicked them all an instant message, inviting them into a group chat. It was great! We got caught up on how everyone is doing or not doing on their weightloss journey, and we laughed, and we compared stories on who has the messiest house since we started journal writing. Do all writers have messy houses?

Inviting someone into your home is something very personal, because the things that surround you are a reflection of you. Funny how this journal writing has taken over our lives and our homes are all a mess.

                      Simple Feng Shui by Gina Lazenby from Top Twenty Books

The Chinese believe that how you place your furnishings can enhance or hurt your life. This art of placement is called Feng Shui. The first thing they teach you in Feng Shui is to get rid of the clutter. If your home is full of clutter, God has blessed you with abundance. If God has blessed you with abundance, it doesnt make sense to pray for Wealth if your house if full of stuff. =.) If your bedroom and your bedroom closet is full of stuff, it doesnt make sense to pray for a Lover or a Husband. You dont have room for him! =.) If you have lots of stuff, what are you avoiding or what are you trying to hold on to?!! Now that is simple Feng Shui!

My messiest time came when the doctor said: no bending, no stooping, no vacuum; no broom, no mop. Living in a small one bedroom apartment with little or no storage and no drawers doesnt help, either!

Sometimes deciding what to get rid of is a big factor. Cleaning house is so exhausting for me. Getting rid of some of the stuff would make house cleaning faster and I'd have more time for myself and for things that are more important. My main problem areas are the bedroom and my closet. Does thattell you anything?! Yep! I am avoiding meeting another Mr Wonderful for fear of getting hurt... again.

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. ~Princess Diana

Clearing the clutter from my bedroom and my closet is going to take time. Although it is hard on my back, I took a little time to clean my bedroom today. I am not getting rid of stuff yet. I am grouping like things together first. Although I usually focus on the living areas, my goal is to do a little bit of housework in my bedroom each day this week. 

As for my weightloss journey, I took a laxative today to cleanse my body. I tried to do some yoga but it was too difficult to do the poses. I have so many kinks in my body! A friend of mine says he lost weight with self-massage, so I have been self-massaging my lower back and my stomach and the sides of my waist. I know my body just needs to be loved! How can I neglect my body so much?! I sat in my chair as I did some head rotations, shoulder rolls, rowing motions, a few torso twists, and lots of self body hugs. Boy, is my body hurting. Is it going to rain some more?!

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking God for my healing right now! =.)     

I didnt do very well on my diet today, but if I can cut down on my eating to only 75% that will help. My goal for this week is not to eat after 6:00 pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{ Win }}}}}  I just love you girl. I had a ball chatting with you and the girls. I think we're on our way to getting back on track! YAY

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your goals! Feng Shui is interesting! _rRose  

Anonymous said...

Win,
I had to laugh when I saw that if your bedroom and bedroom closet is full of stuff, it doesn't make sense to pray for a Lover or a Husband. My apartment is so small that even when I moved in here I didn't have enough room for even me. Maybe that is what my problem is I don't have room for him. I will have to think about that one for awhile. lol. It does make me feel better knowing that it isn't me personally that is the problem.
Love,
Kat