Saturday, October 2, 2004

A Little Bird Told Me

For the second morning in a row, the radio woke me up to...

Oh, what a beautiful morning! Oh, what a beautiful day. Oh, what a beautiful morning! Everything is going my way!

It had to be the Lord who woke me up this morning. He can be so sweet. My cockatiel heard me getting dressed and putting on my shoes. She started chirping for me to give her something to eat, so I fed her and gave her some water to drink and went off to an early Saturday walk with God.

Morning Moon

This week, the moon has come out to greet me every single morning, and it came out to greet me this morning as well. 

There was an unusually large group of birds all sitting together on top of a tree, but then, they all took off in flight in beautiful formation, much like the jets we see in air shows. How do they know to fly together like that? How do they know how to be so organized, to give each other just enough room, to be able to get along and not fight with one another? How do they know?

The birds flew into a nearby neighbor's yard. The old woman who lives there had thrown some birdseed in her yard for them to eat. They all sat in the yard, eating to their hearts content, not a trace of greed amongst them. How beautiful for them to let other birds know of this woman's kind gesture. How beautiful to know that they can depend on her kindness to provide them with breakfast every morning. Birds prepare their young to take care of themselves and they teach them how to fly. Human beings could learn a lot from birds if they paid attention. And just as the Lord takes care of the birds, so He takes care of us. 

My back was beginning to hurt as I continued my walk, but I kept on walking just a little bit further. And there I saw a tiny bird in a tree, singing his little heart out. Such a tiny little bird, but oh, such a beautiful, powerful song. I, too, am like that little bird. I may not be that big or as important as many others, but I, too, have a beautiful, powerful song inside of me. 

              Indirect tree with bird Mosaic

Walked 2.5 miles.

An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. ~ Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
That is good you walked 2.5 miles and the birds singing were an added feature to make your walk more pleasureable. Keep up the good work Win.
Love.
Kat