Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Feng-Shui working?!

                           

Is the Feng-Shui working? On Sunday, I cleared the living room of some clutter, and on Monday, I rearranged some things and some pictures on the walls. Well, shortly after that, my phone finally rang and continued to ring... interesting...

Yes, I know I have to continue working through the clutter, but now with this injury on Saturday, I am still struggling...

So... yesterday, I received a phone call from Noe about a job lead. I looked it up on the net, but I didn't match. I finally reached Romeo, telephonically, to ask him what keywords he used in the job order so that I could match, and I made an appointment with him to come in to pick up the applications. I was hoping to have enough time to fill them out and fax them, but he wasn't able to see me right away, so I told him that I would fill them out at home and come back in the morning to fax the applications.

I had to leave because I had to try to see the judge. I had gone  on Monday, but the policeman had not submitted the report. Well, today, he hadn't submitted the report, either! I do so want to take care of this problem before I find a job. I would hate to be embarrassed at work with someone coming to drag me away in handcuffs. Being arrested, frisked, and handcuffed is great for the bedroom, but not at work! =.)

So I came home and got comfortable when the phone rings again. It was 5:30 p.m., but it was a phone call from the job that I had applied for the day of the car accident. It was Milton. We scheduled an appointment for an interview this morning.

As usual, I went through my clothes, trying to find something to wear and some jewelry to match. I still have not found that box of earrings. I wonder where I put it!!!!! The hard part is putting on pantyhose. My right leg does not have much radius of motion. I wore a pair of black shoes that have a slight heel. It was difficult to walk in them, but it would have been harder to walk on a higher heel. I wasn't in the shoes for very long. God help me when I have to stand in shoes for an eight-hour day.

         

The interview was pretty lengthy, followed by more tests and an essay. One of the interviewers was a previous boss whom I loved. I really do not want the job, but if the job is offered to me, I really do not have much choice except to accept the offer and continue looking, if need be...

I received an "It was so great to meet you, but we hired someone else" letter for that job in Corpus Christi. I was kind of disappointed to have to spend money to drive all that way for nothing, but financially it is getting more difficult to consider relocating, so I will have to find a job here and build up my savings again after I get a job.

As for the company I really want to work for, well, I have not heard from them! I will follow up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck, I love your graphics..Your journal is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts always being sent your way that a good job comes along and your car accident issues get resolved....hang in there---
Ellie

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your job hunt....I hope you get the one that you really want....June:)

Anonymous said...

Well, they are leads and interviews, so things sounds as if they are looking up!  Okay, not the CC rejection, but at least they got around to telling you (I know some places actually do not, amazingly enough).  Hope you find those earrings soon.  We almost forgot to send M's dance shoes with her this weekend when she goes 4-5 away with her dad's girlfriend, to a dance competition.  Yikes!  SO glad I remembered them (usually not kept with her costumes, but in my car).  Hopefully, the job you're to get, will materialize SOON!  And, that the judge and police and all about the accident, that it gets taken care of soon, and well, too.